Forbes Magazine rated Home Instead as one of &ldquoAmerica's Best Employers&rdquo and the only home care company included in the magazine's annual index of the nation's top employers.
Home Instead is seeking caring and compassionate CAREGivers with bed-bound and Hoyer lift experience to become a part of our growing care team and join us for our 24th year of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Our office based in Covina, CA serves the communities of Azusa, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, Valinda, Walnut, West Covina and other surrounding areas. Our CAREGivers provide non-medical care to older adults, helping them to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay above minimum wage: $14.50 to $18.00 Per Hour
- Paid sick time
- Paid class-room training
- Flexible schedules
- Personal client introductions
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee celebration events
- Career advancement opportunities
- Team approach & a very supportive office staff available 24x7
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship, conversation, safety supervision
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL's): full bed-bound care including transfers, bathing, grooming, toileting & incontinence care and feeding
- Incidental transportation for errands
- Caring for clients with Chronic Conditions
- Specialized care such as Alzheimer's and other Dementia's and use of special equipment
* The ideal candidate will have some hands-on bed-bound care experience working with older adults, either personal or professional! Additional skills training provided by Home Instead.
Requirements to be a CAREGiver for bed-bound clients:
- Six months to 1 year of experience working with bed-bound clients
- Experience using Hoyer Lifts and other specialized equipment preferred
- Professional bed-bound care & Hoyer Lift training preferred
- Ability to treat and care for older adults and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Successfully complete the State of California Department of Social Services Home Care Aid Registry requirements (We will assist)
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) test required before hire
- Possess a valid driver's license and valid auto insurance
- Safe, reliable car that is available to you at all times must be able to drive
- Flexible schedule and POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Priority given to candidates who are registered as a Home Care Aide through the state of California
Home Instead Covina operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and have a variety of bed-bound shifts currently available (daytime, evening, weekend, overnight, 24-hour). We offer competitive shift pay above minimum wage.
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity and apply at https://www.homeinstead.com/182/home-care-jobsEach Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Posting ID: 609625966Posted: 2021-03-01