Avineon is seeking a Director of Capture Management. The Director of Capture Management will report to the Vice President of Growth Operations in Avineon's US Federal division. The Director's primary role is to develop winning technical, management, staffing, teaming, and pricing solutions for new and recompete bids as assigned across Avineon. The Director will lead and manage diverse teams across a variety of functional roles in the pursuit of new work for the company. These teams will include business development staff, P&L subject matter experts, functional staff support, and individuals from partner companies. Roles, Duties, and Responsibilities of the Director of Capture Management: • Manage new and recompete prime pursuits in the $5M to $300M size range.
• Contribute to capture management and proposal process improvement.
• Function as team lead for all capture team resources, assign assets, and balance workloads.
• Manage external capture consultant resources in accordance with their written contract including level of effort monitoring/control and quality of deliverables.
• Develop integrated, compelling bid solutions including technical, staffing, management, and price aspects.
• Position against price-to-win inputs and competitive intelligence.
• Identify bid and execution risks; run the opportunity risk review process.
• Work with proposal team to develop/refine the pursuit budget; manage and control expenditures to stay within budget.
• Develop opportunities through the company's gate review process with primary responsibility from Stage 2 through Stage 4. This will include maintaining entries in the tracked opportunities system at the highest levels of accuracy.
• Run the company's capture process in accordance with documented templates, checklists, and procedures.
• Finalize partnering arrangements and negotiate final workshare in teaming agreements.
• Oversee and lead the training and professional development of the proposal team. Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: • Possess and apply leadership and managerial skills across functional areas and core competencies.
• Develop, retain, and maximize focus on customer needs and issues, and on the quality and responsiveness of deliverables.
• Knowledge of the Shipley process and its application within industry responses to federal government procurements.
• Experience with or the ability to acquire and rapidly apply knowledge of the company's operations, corporate capabilities, and core competencies in order to permit the development of integrated solutions that best serve our clients within the federal government.
• In-depth problem-solving and resource integration abilities. • Polished managerial and communication skills that allow for development, presentation, and promotion of integrated solutions to senior personnel in both the public and private sectors.
• Ability to apply interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining successful working relationships with customers, corporate personnel, project managers, staff, and other business enterprises and partners.
• Knowledge of trends in government and industry that affect assigned business areas.
• Bachelor's degree plus 15 years' of progressive functional experience in business development. 10 years specifically in a proposal/capture management roles.
• Demonstrated understanding of the proposal management process and tools.
• No clearance required. Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
• Shipley Capture Management training or equivalent plus at least 5-10 years demonstrated experience with a winning record as a Capture Manager in the $5M-300M range.
• Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams and solving challenges is required. Avineon, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 602968123Posted: 2021-03-01