Req ID: 171003
- Drives company trucks to destinations to deliver, unload and load commercial truck tires and different types of freight.
- Have knowledge and comply with, all applicable federal, state, local and company rules and regulations that are in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operation of a commercial delivery trucks.
- Have knowledge and comply with, the proper methods of loading and unloading for the various cargos to be transported.
- Report to logistics at the specified time and maintain contact with logistics as required.
- Complete driver daily logs and all necessary delivery tickets, trip reports, damage reports, and other paperwork required by company, to be turned in as instructed.
- Follow company guidelines in regards to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees, and the motoring public.
- Comply with all company safety & performance standards.
- Represent the Company to our customers, the public and the trucking industry in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain records for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver's logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records.
- Follow and comply with Company's "Code of Conduct" program.
- Report all accidents immediately involving driver and/or company equipment, regardless of the damage to manager.
- Maintain personal grooming and company uniform standards.
- Maintain company attendance standards.
- Perform duties within Distribution Center, including but not limited to, loading and unloading trailers, pulling orders, cleaning, etc. when not assigned to a scheduled delivery route and not having worked minimum guaranteed work hours.
- Keep exterior and interior of truck and trailer clean and orderly at all times to ensure positive Company brand representation
- Other duties as necessary.
- Each driver must have a Commercial Driver's License and other appropriate endorsements and state requirements to be carried in truck cab while driver is in service.
- Each driver must qualify physically, and obtain a Medical Examiner's Certificate, under the requirements of 49 CFR, Section 391 43-49 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- 2 years of verifiable over-the-road driving experience or
- 1 year from an accredited driving school combined with 1 year of tractor trailer experience
- Knowledge of all applicable DOT and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Be able to work any shift on any day(s), including layovers.
- Ability to hook, unhook and backup trailers when required.
- The ability to drive for up to 11 hours and work a total of 14 hours, while sitting for extended periods of time in a truck tractor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and meet the qualifications in 49 CFR Section 391.11(b)(1) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 120 lbs.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language, in accordance with 49CFR Section 391.11(b)(2) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections required under 49 CFR Sections 396.11-15 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing, vision and smell.
- Subject to cold and hot temperatures.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love's.
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.
Posting ID: 563901448Posted: 2020-08-02