Assures that standards of cleanliness are maintained in guest accommodations with proper placement of supplies. Supervises room attendants on the floors. Checks reported status of rooms and reports back to Executive Housekeeper for release to the front desk.
• Smile when "On Stage"
• Adheres to PCI compliance
• Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and name tag
• Protects the privacy and security of all guests
• Receives the list of rooms vacated by guests, and informs the housekeeping associate assigned to his/her area which rooms need to be cleaned.
• Supervises the work of housekeeping associates in assigned area, and ensures that all work is done properly by inspecting beds, furniture, bathrooms, etc.
• Reports rooms poorly cleaned and issues a call back to the room attendant responsible.
• Checks rooms to ensure that lights and TV Remote to insure they are properly working. Inspects for needed repairs, such as tom carpet or wallpaper, and painting needs.
• Calls work orders into the housekeeping office or personally enters into the Quore App.
• Instructs and trains new housekeeping associates in their assigned duties and responsibilities and observes their capabilities while working.
• Checks all vacant rooms and due outs.
• Checks section housekeepers for uniforms, grooming, name badges and proper sign out of keys.
• Reports any unusual activity to the Executive Housekeeper.
• Sees that storerooms are cleaned and stocked with linen supplies daily...
• Checks assigned area at close of day making sure all equipment and supplies are stored and locked securely.
• Checks housekeeping carts at end of day to insure that carts are properly stocked and prepared for the next morning.
• Assures that all keys are returned at end of the day and logged in and returned to Executive Housekeeper.
• Reports room status in assigned area at end of day to the Executive Housekeeper or in their absence the Guest Services Manager...
• Assists in special projects such as inventory control, VIP requests and monthly room inspection checks.
• Provides courteous guest service and responds promptly to guest questions, complaints and requests. When needed, will assist in cleaning rooms or in the laundry.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to those contained in the NHG Handbook
• All other duties as assigned by management
Physical Demands: Requires walking and standing to a significant degree. Requires ability to perform housekeeping chores (cleaning units or assisting in the laundry) which involve lifting, bending, stretching, and reaching. Requires the ability to lift 25-30 pounds infrequently. Requires ability to communicate both orally and in writing with guests and co-workers. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather but not necessarily temperature changes (i.e. 20- 30 degree variance.)
Essential Skills: Requires knowledge of applicable standards and procedures. Supervisory/Management skills: development of housekeeping staff. Ability to perform training and to assist in professional development of the housekeeping staff. Ability to maintain records and communicates effectively with members of other hotel departments. Must have the ability to professionally represent the hotel, deal positively with the public.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Previous experience in housekeeping is required.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.
Posting ID: 51511567Posted: 2020-02-19