ANATOM Construction's Superintendent is responsible for supervising the field construction of a project and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to all specified safety and quality standards.
Depending on the project size and challenges our Superintendent may be accountable for one or more simultaneous projects. The Superintendent’s role is one of leader, coach, negotiator, and arbitrator.
- Provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote positive project morale.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the owner contract, subcontracts, contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- Examine the contract drawings, specifications, and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager.
- Communicate issues, events, performance, and progress daily to the Project Manager.
- Report any problems promptly to the Project Manager or Project Executive to facilitate the most cost-effective solutions.
- Establish effective working relationships with clients and our team members.
- Request advice and assistance from the Project Manager or Project Executive on matters pertaining to materials, sequencing, scheduling, and personnel.
- Identify pre-mobilization activities in conjunction with the Project Team.
- Develop start-up schedule with Project Manager and send it to the Project Executive for review.
- Assist in formulating and implementing construction schedules in the field.
- Assist the Project Manager in establishing the Project Baseline Schedule based on the owner contract and subcontractor input, taking into account any elements that might impact the schedule.
- Maintain the schedule and ensure that work performed is consistent with the contract and will meet or exceed client expectations.
- Update Three Week Look Ahead Schedule weekly.
- Provide progress report with the three-week look ahead of schedule to the Project Manager and the field staff.
- Ensure that all subcontractors participate in a safety pre-construction meeting prior to starting work on the project.
- Ensure that all subcontractors have a full set of MSD sheets on the project and current insurance certificates.
- Review the project daily to ensure that all activities are being performed in accordance with all OSHA and governing requirements and the project’s site-specific safety plan and make all necessary corrections.
- Provide weekly safety checklist to Project Manager.
- Schedule and conduct weekly Toolbox Talks.
- Issue subcontractor safety violations and submit weekly to Project Manager.
- Implement ANATOM's Hurricane Preparedness Plan in case of an impending storm.
- Identify project quality standards as stated in the contract documents for all trades.
- Establish methods of monitoring and measuring quality standards during the course of construction (i.e., pre-work meetings, mock-ups, submittals, shop drawings, samples, etc.)
- Ensure that all materials and equipment delivered to the project is in compliance with approved submittals and shop drawings.
- Ensure that all items scheduled for inspections are pre-inspected for compliance and inspection reports are submitted to the Project Team.
Subcontractor and Site Management
- Manage site pre-construction including pre-construction survey, job site utilization, and staging plans.
- Mobilize the field office and maintain the job site to ANATOM standards.
- Organize documentation of the job site for easy access and review.
- Manage subcontractor performance to meet schedule and quality expectations.
- Work with the Project Manager to identify and resolve personnel issues and construction process revisions.
- Manage all phases of the construction process, including documenting and reporting site activities and progress.
- Attend project turnover, mobilization and project coordination meetings.
- Attend safety pre-construction meetings.
- Conduct weekly safety inspections.
- Attend weekly meetings with the project team at the home office.
- Attend closeout meetings.
- Attend owner meetings.
- Conduct weekly subcontractor meetings and any others necessary to monitor and manage the project.
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material.
- Complete and implement site-specific regulatory requirements, such as site signage, checklists, emergency contact lists, etc.
- Complete daily reports and maintain logs of key activities, files and shop drawings.
- Review delivery receipts to ensure shipments are complete and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Submit timesheets for all ANATOM personnel who worked on the job site to the Project Manager by 3 pm every Friday.
- Complete expense report weekly and submit to Project Manager by 3 pm every Friday
- Ensure that as-built working drawings are maintained as well as the current drawings and revisions, communicating these to the subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list.
- Ensure that all final inspections are completed, and all trade permits are closed and finalized along with all as-builts.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders.
ANATOM Construction is a privately-owned and operated, full-service construction firm leading the way with high quality projects and a dedication to our client's satisfaction since 2005. We set ourselves apart by providing hands on leadership innovative solutions, and exceeding client expectations while delivering safe and environmentally friendly facilities.
Our purpose is to build structures of the highest quality and value with integrity, do work we are proud of, and continuously redefine the way we build through the innovation of our skilled people. We are customer-focused, solution-oriented and committed to bringing social and economic value to our communities. Welcome to ANATOM.
Posting ID: 563726210Posted: 2020-07-24