Leading healthcare facility is currently searching for Registered Nurses to join our growing family.
We are a Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center that is focused on providing services for children from birth to 21 years of age with special medical needs who require skilled nursing care. Our mission is to enhance the lives of critically ill children and their families by providing personalized, compassionate care.
The ideal RN candidate will possess 2+ years of Pediatric nursing experience in PICU, NICU, or Neonatal.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Providing skilled nursing care to children ages birth to 21 years old in our P.P.E.C facility
· Following physician orders for plan of care and providing documentation of care delivered
· Administrating, monitoring, and recording of prescribed medications and any reactions that patient may have.
· Administering any treatments and therapies as required
· Observes and monitors movement and activities of patients in the center.
· Assists / reviews MARs monthly and as needed to ensure accuracy.
· Writes daily progress notes, nursing notes and reports of unusual incidents.
· Recognizes and promptly reports conditions changes to supervisor.
· Provides personal care services to patients including oral hygiene, bathing and hair care as needed, nail care, diapering and dressing.
· Takes, records and monitors patients' vital signs.
· Provides bed care to patients, re-positioning, ambulating and assisting with elimination needs. Moving to and from wheelchairs, etc.
· Assists patients at mealtime and feeds patients needing such assistance.
· Spot cleaning of spills and making safety rounds.
· Provides emergency assistance as needed.
· Attends required in service training.
· Transcribes physician orders accurately and reports information to the physician accurately, concisely and timely.
· Assists with admission and discharge procedures as directed by RN supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
· Knowledge of Registered nursing techniques and methods
· Current and Clear Florida Nursing License
· 2+ years Pediatric nursing experience in NICU, PICU, or PEDS setting within the last 5 years.
· Knowledge of medications and treatments used in patient care.
· Knowledge of infection control procedures.
· Some knowledge of mental or behavioral characteristics of physically or mentally disabled people.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
· Ability to observe and record information used to make clinical and program staff decisions.
· Ability to observe and evaluate conditions reactions and changes in the physical and mental conditions of patients.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to maintain appropriate attitudes and conduct necessary to the welfare of patients.
· Pass Level II Background
The job duties require the employee to handle the physical demands of work including lifting (up to 50 pounds) and positioning patients, walking and aggressive behavior management practices within all environments.
We a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and both company paid and voluntary life insurance as well as a $1,0000 sign-on bonus.