Manager of Clinical Nutrition - Registered Dietitian (RD) with CDE/CDCES certification Opportunity
At Cumberland Hospital for Children and Adolescents, we're always learning, growing, and focused on our effort to provide the highest quality and compassionate care to our patients. If you are interested in a career dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the patients and families you serve, then Cumberland is the place for you! Come join our team! Located in beautiful New Kent, VA. Our extraordinary people are in the right place making a positive difference in the lives of children every day! Cumberland Hospital for Children and Adolescents
is a unique acute care, inpatient specialty hospital with 110 licensed beds, including Med Surg. and Residential Treatment Center; staffed by the finest physicians and treatment teams. We treat patients, ages 2-22 who have chronic illnesses, brain injuries and neurobehavioral disorders with co-behavioral issues.
Cumberland is a beautifully designed hospital:
- Staffed with excellent physicians and over 275+ devoted employees, all dedicated to providing the best possible care for our patients!
- Surrounded by 100 spacious acres of sprawling countryside, rolling hills, waterways and wildlife;
- Year-round, accredited school system for our patients;
- Therapy animals that provide daily interaction with our patients, including rabbits, dogs and goats;
- Enjoyable patient activities include a swimming pool, exercise room, music, art and playgrounds;
- Peaceful environment where patients flourish as their minds and bodies heal while treated with the utmost care.
- Conveniently located in eastern Virginia; we enjoy all 4 seasons, local beaches, fishing, water sports, golfing, hiking, sporting events, museums, regional festivals, historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, Richmond and less than 3 hour's drive to Shenandoah or Washington, DC.
To learn more about Cumberland Hospital click here...
Cumberland Hospital offers comprehensive benefits such as:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Student Loan Consolidated Payment Program
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plans
- Generous Paid Time Off 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
If you would like to learn more about the Registered Dietitian (RD) position before applying, please contact Jane Petro, HR Manager at 804-966-1645 or send your resume to Jane.Petro@uhsinc.com. Essential Job Duties:
- Manages the department and overall responsible for the nutritional care of assigned patients
- Responsible for addressing specific nutritional concerns as outlined for each patient in thier nutritional assessments, including goals into the Master Treatment Plan.
- Teach nutrition clas ses, conduct Eating Attitudes and Trainin group, and provide individual nutritional counseling session as defined in the treatment plan.
- Member of the Diabetes Team and Diabetes Advisory Committee.
- At least one-year recent experience with appropriate age populations, including diabetes.
- At least three years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Minimum required is a Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics or Food and Nutrition.
- Current and active license Registered Dietitian (RD) Required with CDE/CDCES certification
This opportunity provides a rewarding career, challenging and rewarding work environment as well as growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries, including competitive compensation, excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan, and 401k with company match.
For more information call Jane Petro, Human Resources Manager at 804-966-1645. UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.EEO StatementAll UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
NoticeAt UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Posting ID: 605210103Posted: 2021-02-09