The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn is an upscale bed & breakfast on Cape Cod with 8 guest rooms. We are seeking a both a full-time and a part-time Housekeeper to join our team. Applicant will be responsible for cleaning common areas and guest rooms, assist with breakfast service and laundry. We are a team oriented environment, and are looking for someone who is reliable, trust-worthy, has a positive attitude, willing to learn, pays attention to details, has strong customer service and can adhere to COVID19 protocols.
Experience preferred but willing to train.
Position to start in May and will extend through at least October. Hours can be flexible, but you must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Job Description and Requirements:
• Thoroughly cleans all assigned rooms and indoor/outdoor common areas according to guidelines and highest standards of cleanliness; including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, removing & replacing dirty linens, making beds, removing trash, and cleaning/sanitizing bathrooms.
• Communicates the status of cleaned rooms to Supervisor along with any maintenance issues, damage issues, items left behind by guests or unusual situtations
• Uses designated cleaning products properly and safely
• Assists with laundry
• Daily restocks and maintains housekeeping carts & linen closets
• Carry breakfast trays to guests, remove used tableware to kitchen
• Provide back-up to kitchen staff assisting with loading/unloading dishwasher, putting away dishes and cleaning kitchen after breakfast service is done
• Help to create a positive and upbeat workplace by being friendly, helpful and accommodating to guests and coworkers
• Represents property in a professional and courteous manner; pay attention to the details in your personal appearance and grooming and follow company dress code
• Performs any other duties as requested by management • Able to arrive for assigned shifts on time
• Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Able to carry items up stairs (breakfast tray, linens, vacuum, etc.)
• Has ServSafe Food Handler Certification, or be willing to obtain certification
• Willing to obtain other paid trainings/certifications as required
• Able to speak and understand English
Note: Initial pay during training period is $16 an hour. Once training is complete rate increases to $17 an hour plus tips.