If you seek a dynamic role where your contributions will pave the way in developing new products, systems, and processes, come work with us!
The position of Technical Manufacturing Chemist within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will produce material for use in immunology-based chromatography and enzyme tests.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
* Maintains and supports the production schedule
* Investigates problem areas and areas of desirable improvement
* Undertakes new procedures and observes proper safety precautions
* Responsible for in-process QC testing of manufacturing material as it relates to qualifications, quality inspections and titration.
* Maintains quality systems and proper GMP/GLP
* Creates and follows protocols designed around product improvement
* Responsible for making critical and non-critical bioreagents for use in product and manufacturing processes using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Works in a team setting and coordinates manufacturing efforts based upon a set production schedule and maintaining the raw bioreagent supply as needed to support this schedule.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
* Bachelors Degree in a Chemistry, Life Sciences, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Prior Experience in the following areas:
o pH meters
o Gel Electrophoresis o SDS Page
o ELISA assays
* Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision.
* Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database, manufacturing, and word processing software.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.