Headquartered in Westfield, Massachusetts, with a location in Lakefield, Ontario, Savage has been producing firearms for more than 125 years. Savage is one of the world's largest manufacturers of hunting, competition and targeting shooting centerfire and rimfire rifles, and shotguns. Our firearms are best known for accuracy, performance and innovation. The entrepreneurial spirit that originally defined the company is still evident in its ongoing focus on continuous innovation, craftsmanship, quality and service. Learn more at www.savagearms.com.
We currently have an opening in our Quality department for a 1st shift Supplier Quality Supervisor. The primary function of this position is to be responsible for all communication with suppliers regarding Non-Conformances, FAIs, and PPAPs to ensure conformance to the Supplier Partnership Manual and engineering specifications. This position will also be responsible for supervising a team of inspectors and technicians in the Quality Control Lab.
The successful candidate for this position must have a 4-year degree in Engineering with 5 years experience in Quality environment and 3+ years supervisory experience. Candidate must also have a thorough understanding of gaging, GD&T, and precision measurement techniques. CQE or CQT certified individuals preferred.
Other essential functions include but not limited to:
1. Responsible for managing the daily workflow of the QC Lab.
2. Review, establish, and optimize SOPs and WIs for QC Lab.
3. Conduct training sessions to keep company personnel informed and up to date on procedures and methods, use of equipment and other quality control techniques or equipment.
4. Communicate with suppliers regarding all non-conformances and assist in post-disposition action items.
5. Ensure conformance to the Supplier Partnership Manual.
Savage Arms is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Posting ID: 574464952Posted: 2020-10-20