Currently hiring Per Diem Home Health and Personal Care Aides in the Panama area. We offer Weekly Pay
and Flexible Schedules
The Private Duty Aide or PCA is a person who provides aide, support, assistance with personal hygiene and household functions for an individual to be able to remain in their own home. Willcare
is a proud member of LHC Group, the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.Inquire about a WAGE INCREASE in certain locations!
- Provides or assists clients with activities of daily living including: bathing in bed, tub or shower; care of hair including shampoo, combing and brushing; care of teeth and mouth including denture care; nail care, filing only; skin care including pericare and applying lotion; transfer of patient from bed to chair and to wheelchair. Transfer of patients on and off bedpan, commode and toilet. Assist client in preparing for bed. Position patient in bed as directed. Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker and crutches. Personal care dressing of client. Medication reminder.
- Live-in and Sleep Over's: Secures clients home for the night and provides reassurance by being present at the clients home during the night time hours. (Washington and Oregon does not provide this service) Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as applicable.
- Assists with household tasks directly essential to client's personal care.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments or shopping if necessary and performing other essential errands.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations of the aide
- Prepares meals as required based upon client's preferred diet. May need to feed client if required.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment such as side rails, oxygen, wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, etc.
- Ensures confidentiality of client records and information.
- Records and reports activities related to personal care responsibilities, as required.
- Responds promptly to client requests.
- Documents all client related activities in a timely manner.
- Reports observations of the client's condition to the Branch Manager or Office Assistant. Notifies the Branch Manager immediately if any incidents or accidents occur.
- Participates in performance improvement inservices.
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a seat belt when business travel is required.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
Qualifications Experience Desired
- Six months experience in home care preferred.
- Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Current CPR certification required in Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patient's needs.
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Able to work independently.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.
Posting ID: 547713143Posted: 2020-11-24