If you're looking for a purpose and not just a job, Smoothie King is looking for you.
Since pioneering the first nutritional Smoothie franchise in 1973, our mission has always been to inspire others to live a healthy and active lifestyle. Now, with 1000+ locations and counting, we've grown to become the largest nutritional Smoothie bar in the nation, with a simple recipe for success: Hire the best people, use the best ingredients and blend with a purpose!
As a dynamic, rapidly growing company, we are looking for a purpose-driven General Manager to join our expanding team and become an ultimate ambassador of our brand. In this role, you will be charged with helping to create a highly productive environment focusing on building a motivated team, ensuring an extraordinary guest experience, and balancing other corporate priorities, focusing on strategic, operational, and leadership excellence. As the role will evolve over time, the successful candidate will show curiosity in the business, demonstrate willingness to take on new challenges, and lift our team by developing additional skills to assist and support our purpose.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
• Enthusiastically help with interviewing, hiring, developing, and leading the team at your store to provide a great guest experience and fulfill our mission to inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
• Help maintain relationships with suppliers (inventory management, ordering, etc.)
• Understand how to build flexible/dynamic weekly staff schedules based on business volumes.
• Help review store environment and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement and adjusts accordingly.
• Fully Manage a staff of approximately 20-30 Team Members & Shift Leaders
• Manage cash activities for the store (daily safe drops, cash drawers, bank deposits, etc.).
• Ensure compliance with food safety guidelines in your store at all times, while ensuring all Team Members are in compliance as well.
• Help promote brand standards in alignment with company vision.
• Ensure store appearance and cleanliness are upheld and consistent with Smoothie King brand standards.
• Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by using existing tools and programs as well as finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition & motivation.
• Collaborate with Smoothie King professionals from Operations, Training, Human Resources, and Marketing to deliver the best smoothies and healthy retail products to your community.
• Perform all duties of a Team Member, Shift Leader, and Trainer.
• Assign, oversee, and evaluate all day-to-day duties & operations.
• Lead the Team in preparation, sales, and service of products
• Understand company Standard Operating Procedures and follows directions as listed within
• Ensure all Guests receive superior guest service
• Help audit all systems and procedures for 100% accuracy and completeness
• Willingness to work 45 hours per week, every week, holidays and/or weekends as business dictates
Specific Job Requirements
• Must be scheduled and work 45 hrs per week, every week: working a couple of weekday opening shifts, weekday closing shifts and a weekend shift.
• Provide an exceptional guest experience throughout our guests visits
• Exceptional interpersonal skills - you are energized by working with people, both guests and your team
• Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Smoothie King
• Act with a guest comes first attitude and connecting with the guest. Discover and respond to guest needs.
• Set an example by maintaining regular and punctual attendance. If you're on-time, you're late. Arrive a 5/10 minutes prior to every scheduled shift.
• Must have reliable transportation
• A bias towards actions - you do not hesitate to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• The desire to be coached and mentored - you see potential in yourself and enjoy growing that potential to succeed.
• The desire to coach and mentor your Team - you see potential in your Team as individuals and enjoy growing that potential and seeing others succeed.
• An eye for detail - you know that the little things, be it cleanliness, or the extra touch can make all the difference in an exceptional Guest experience.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently.
• Friendly attitude in the face of adversity.
• Ability to handle and resolve guest service issues
• Ability to handle and resolve team member issues
• Must have stamina to stand approximately 8 hours per day and lift products up to 55 lbs.
• Attention to detail while working in fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
• Ability to handle stress and high-volume operations
• Ability to work cross-functionally and to coordinate communication across diverse work groups.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required. Associate or bachelor's degree in business, hospitality management, or similar field is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members, and the community, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledgeable of general POS functionality.
What We Offer
Join our team and enjoy an unusually fun work environment with an upbeat atmosphere and great coworkers. It is our purpose to maintain an environment our employees can brag about, where our focus is collaboration, passion, and a no-limits mindset when it comes to your future!
Smoothie King is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, or marital status.
> Annual Salary: Competitive compensation, based on experience - up to $38,000/yr.
> FREE smoothies during your shifts and on your off days.
> 401K matching after one year of continuous full-time employment.
> Room to grow as we grow.
Management: 1 year management minimum (Required)