When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.Posting
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Delivery Operations Support Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and performance of the Delivery Coordinators. They will partner with operations management to ensure delivery drivers are achieving desired KPIs and metrics for delivery performance. The supervisor will lead the Delivery Coordinator's to ensure continuous improvement in routing and delivery metrics through weekly evaluation of Delivery Productivity Planners, distribution dashboards, as well as close partnership with operations management.
- Must have prior experience with technician routing/dispatching
- Demonstrated supervisory or management experience in operations or call center environment
- Ability to collaborate with others to ensure execution of objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage and motivate team
- Must be analytical and capable of translating data into actionable results
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the supervision of assigned Delivery Coordinators including workload planning and management, coaching, development and performance management.
- Ensure daily work queues are supervised, and appropriate resources are assigned to meet district needs
- Collaborate closely with various departments to ensure cohesiveness in routing process
- Be available to team members to handle daily business issues and facilitate communication between Delivery Coordinators and districts where issues arise
- Communicate key business initiatives, monthly metric standings, and core business values to team
- Fully understand the Delivery Coordinators job function, daily activities, and work expectations
- Monitors, assesses and communicates performance and behavioral incidents with employees. Escalates issues to management and/or HR when necessary.
- Prepare and administer annual reviews
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Safety and DOT protocols
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Effective problem-solving skills & acute analytical skills
- Customer service oriented
- Detail oriented with strong organizational & time management skills
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience required
- 3-5 years routing/logistics multi-location experience required
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Manager, Medical, Call Center Supervisor, Operations, Management, Healthcare, Customer Service