For a limited time, New employees hired into a Home Care Aide/Rehabilitation Assistant position are eligible for up to a $1,000 hiring bonus!
Are you a Caregiver that truly desires to make a difference in the lives of human beings? Would you like to work for an organization that truly cares about you as an individual and the contributions you can potentially provide? If you can answer yes to both questions; Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers would like to hear from you.
We currently are in need of a compassionate, patient, and dedicated individuals to fill the Full-time Afternoon (4:00 pm - 12:00 pm) position of Home Care Aide/Rehabilitation Assistant. This position will work out of the home of one of our TBI clients in Ann Arbor, MI. The duties for this role will include:
- Assists client with activities of daily living that include, but are not limited to: transfers, dressing, personal hygiene, meal preparation, showering, donning/doffing client braces, apartment maintenance, laundry
- Independent with medication administration as overseen by Nursing
- Provides transportation of client during scheduled shift; must have current, valid Driver’s License with Chauffeur License; good driving record
- Attends medical appointments as needed during scheduled shift; reports information from attended medical appointments to appropriate clinical team members
- Follows instructions from clinical treatment team, including Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy programming (including transfer training, ambulation training, stretching, bed positioning, etc), Nursing, Case Management and Residential Program Manager
- Demonstrates knowledge of current client equipment and able to determine if equipment is broken or in need of repair
- Demonstrates good safety awareness for client safety during functional activities including ambulation, use of gait belt, transfers, and bed positioning
- Engages client in games and scheduled activities for community inclusion and socialization
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs; will require lifting of manual wheelchair for transport in client vehicle
- Must be able to work independently; dependable with scheduled shifts
- Able to follow a Staff Assignment Sheet for each shift
- Knowledge of Traumatic Brain Injury care preferred
* Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers is constantly applying CDC and governmental recommendations regarding the safety of its workforce.
*We have 2 new hire orientations scheduled for 9/14/2020 thru 9/18/2020 & 9/28/2020 thru 10/2/2020. Both orientations run 8:30 am - 5:00 pm each day and are located in Livonia.
Begin your career in healthcare with us! Gain valuable experience as a Rehabilitation Assistant. Training is provided, no experience is required.
$12.50 - $15.50/hour starting rate* plus bonus program
*Starting rate is based on prior related experience, education and training and assignment. Starting rate is $12.50/hour. Earn up to an additional $2 more based on a combination of your related experience, education and training. Receive an additional $1/hr shift premium when assigned to the NeuroRehab Campus in Farmington Hills.
Earn up to another $1,500 per year with our Performance Bonus Program! Our Rehabilitation Assistant Performance Bonus Program is paid out on a quarterly basis. Employees must meet performance criteria to be eligible for the bonus each quarter. Eligible part-time employees receive a pro-rated bonus.
Great benefits for full-time employees that includes:
- Health Insurance including Medical/Rx, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Day Care)
- FREE Short-term Disability
- FREE Long-term Disability
- FREE Employee and Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) for vacation, personal and illness. New full-time employees can accrue up to 12 – 15 days per year depending on your role.
- 9 paid holidays and a holiday premium when working the holiday
All employees regardless of status can participate in:
- 401k plan with company match
- FREE Employee Assistance Program that includes Counseling Services, Estate Guidance and Will Services, Funeral Planning and Concierge Services, Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services
- Outreach events, including employee volunteer programs, clothing and food drives, and other employee-led initiatives
- Health services, such as blood drives, Adult and Pediatric CPR & first-aid classes, and flu shots
- Employee discounts through the LifeMart Discount Program and TicketsAtWork
Requirements for the Home Care Aide/Rehabilitation Assistant include:
- Have a High School Diploma, GED and/or proven ability to read and write
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Acceptable under the State of Michigan's Good Moral Statute
Physical Requirements for Home Care Aide/ Rehabilitation Assistant:
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, transfer, rotate, push, pull, and assist patients weighing up to 150 pounds who are partially or totally dependent for moving about and maneuvering a manual wheelchair.
- Other physical requirements include stooping, bending, twisting, standing, and walking throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to execute physical techniques, including bringing patient safely to the ground level.
- Must be able to execute CPR and other emergency first aid procedures according to prescribed standards.
License, Certification or Registration(s) Requirements for Home Care Aide/ Rehabilitation Assistant:
- Michigan driver's license and acceptable driving record. Michigan Chauffeur's license must be obtained within 2 weeks of employment.
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid – Adult and Pediatric Certification required or obtained within one week of employment (training provided at orientation).
- Must be able to drive an automobile.
Language/Writing/Communication Requirements for Home Care Aide/ Rehabilitation Assistant:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients in an English-speaking environment.
Other Requirements for Home Care Aide/ Rehabilitation Assistant Ability to -
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Reason and make judgments and decisions.
- Work effectively and courteously under stressful circumstances.
- Manage time well, set priorities, perform multiple tasks, and organize diverse activities.
- Deal effectively with inappropriate behaviors of clients, including hostility and aggression.
- Recognize inappropriate or manipulative behavior in difficult or challenging situations.
- Calmly and repetitively model appropriate behavior in difficult or challenging situations.
- React to situations, i.e., rescue, preventing a client from hurting themselves.
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
- Willing to work evenings/overnight, weekends, and holidays.
Relevant keywords: Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aid, HHA, Patient Care Technician, PCA, LPN, Direct Care Worker, DCW, Nursing Assistant, NA, Medical Assistant, MA, rehabilitation assistants, certified nursing aide, home health aide, personal care aide, rehab assistant, aides, CNA, CNA's, HHA, HHA's, nursing assistant, nurse aide, Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Certified Nurses Aide (CNA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA), Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA), Nurses' Aide, Nursing Aide, Nursing Assistant, State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA), Care Giver, Caregiver, Certified Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Home Care Aide, Caregiver, Personal Care Aide, Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Personal Care Assistant (PCA), Companion, Care Provider, Homemaker, Health Care, Healthcare, Managed Care, healthcare, Ypsilanti, Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Seasonal, Part time, Full Time.
#werehiring #workwithus #Detroitjobs #MIjobs #JobSearch #JobSeeker #JobListing #Jobs #Job #Hiring #Employment #tweetmyjobs #jobs4u