**This position and any subsequent offers made are contingent upon staffing award**
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
We are seeking a Principal Systems Engineering Center (SEC) RF Communication Principal Engineer within the Space Systems (SS) Mission Area of Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space business. The successful candidate will be a member of the Civil and Strategic Space Department and will provide engineering guidance for the verification and validation of system products through the life cycle of programs. This position may include assignments in the areas of Integration and Test (I&T) and verification and validation. Responsibilities include providing technical direction to the bus and communication supplier, communicating changes and issues with the program Mission System Engineering team, and development/management of the integration, test, and logistics needed to integrate the space vehicle. Your vital contribution will help us to deliver excellence to our demanding customers. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
• Minimum of 8 years of RF Space Systems engineering experience
• Experience in development (design, fabrication, integration & test) of high reliability space products
• Demonstrated experience with defining and developing RF Payload systems and/or sensors
• Experience in RF engineering and design integration - interpreting sensor/payload requirements and decomposing to design requirements and verification techniques
• Strong working knowledge of the radio frequency spectrum and modern communication infrastructures to include signal structures, propagation, modulation types, data rates, multiplexing/demultiplexing methods, as well as associated equipment to include transmitters, receivers and processing suites.
• Demonstrated experience in providing technical leadership and oversight of a Space product development effort, including requirements development, allocation, verification and analysis; hardware and software system level integration, validation and verification and interface definition; CONOPS development; and management of technical performance measures
• Experience in leading design reviews (e.g. System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review) and establishing technical baseline
• Experience identifying engineering resources (people, processes, facilities & tools) required to produce engineering work product requirements
• Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company leadership
• Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
• Experience effectively leading teams of technical experts to resolve challenging technical problems
• Experience in leading technical peer reviews
• Willingness to mentor program junior engineers and review their work for quality
• Ability to maintain technical baseline control within fixed cost and schedule constraints
• Ability to effectively act as the bridge between program management and technical staff
• Ability to foster culture in-line with high performance and cohesive teams necessary to meet the technical, schedule and cost challenges
• Experience supporting the development of new business proposals and pursuits
• U.S. Citizenship and ability to access US only data systems
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• Experience as Lead Systems Engineer on a large RF space program or another role providing technical leadership to a large engineering team
• Experience with system or subsystem level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
• Experience with supporting enterprise level, multi-segment requirements definition
• Experience in proposal development including creations of Basis-of-Estimates
• Experience with the technical review and approval of proposals and Gates to ensure technical and execution feasibility
• Familiarity with cost and schedule management using a government approved Earned Value Management System
• Proposal management, from initial pursuit and capture planning to proposal delivery
• Experience in the configuration, operations, and test of network systems.
• Experience in assessing, training, and/or mentoring personnel in the operation of RF communication systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related discipline
- Master's degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related discipline
** U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date**
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 566303431Posted: 2020-08-03