Eastern Shore Forest Products, Inc./ Animal Comfort Group
Salisbury, MD / Pocomoke, MD
Eastern Shore Forest Products is the largest and fastest growing forest products company in Maryland. The company produces a variety of consumer-oriented forest products, ranging from animal bedding to mulch and wood Pellets. Headquartered in Salisbury, the company has facilities in Pocomoke City, Federalsburg, Frankford, Delaware and Millington, Maryland, as well as Salisbury and Crockett, Texas.
We are committed to be the most dependable supplier of the highest quality animal bedding in the industry.
We are a growth company. We consistently grow sales and profits through continuous improvement of both methods and people throughout the company.
We provide an atmosphere where individuals can come each day and enjoy what they do, feel safe, valued, make money and feel a sense of ownership.
Do the "right thing" and always encourage others to do the right, honest and ethical things.
Treat others with the same personal and professional consideration we expect for ourselves.
Have a "can-do" attitude. Be positive, upbeat, and focused. We are winners!
Learn from each other. Teach, coach, and listen. Create an environment where everyone can be a "star".
Value different viewpoints. Execute the agreed-upon plans. Together, everyone achieves more!
Accept it. Embrace it. Initiate it. Do everything better, faster, and cheaper.
Know your responsibilities. Live up to your commitments.
Work hard, have fun and make money!
Recent expansions have created a need for plant management personnel at our Maryland locations.
Shavings/Pellet Mill plant managers are the leaders of the facilities and its personnel.
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from raw materials purchase, production, manufacturing and shipping to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity. They are responsible for the 5 Ms of management, Manpower, Machines, Methods, Materials and Money. Lean and 5s is a central pillar of plant operations.
As the plant manager, you'll need to do the following things and much more in order to accomplish the goals of the company:
A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
Requirements of a Plant Manager:
· Proven work experience as a plant manager in a successful plant
· Proven managerial experience encompassing the 5 Ms
· Understand and implement a lean workplace.
· Proven safety record of keeping plants safe and compliant
· Ability to understand cost analyze and improve profitability.
· Adequate, demonstratable knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
· Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
· Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
· Computer literacy and proficiency and demonstratable skills in working with Excel, Word, Outlook and understanding of basic computer concepts.
· Putting together Power Point Presentations for the Team to see our performance.
· Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
· Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
Job Type: Full-time