To provide excellent customer service in a fast pace environment. The Sales Associate will follow the
direction of the Store Manager in completing job duties to ensure a successful store environment. Essential
job functions are listed but not limited to the following
Essential Job Functions
- Receive payments for products sold- whether by cash, check, voucher, or credit cards.
- Issue receipts to customers for products bought; make necessary refunds, credits, or change to customers.
- Aid customers by making available information on products and their benefits.
- Resolve customer complaints and bring them to the store manager for assistance when needed.
- Maintain interpersonal relationships with the public, especially customers.
- Ascertain the amount of cash in their cash drawer at the start of every shift.
- Greet customers as they enter the store and as they step out.
- Ensure the checkout area is always clean and in order.
- Stock shelves, coolers (soda and beer), side counters, and displays every shift.
- Assist customers in moving out their items purchased at the completion of transactions.
- Compute every transaction.
- Calculate the cash drawer in total and compare it with total product sales at the end of each shift.
- Keep store floor, merchandise areas, kitchen areas, and bathrooms always clean.
- Unloading and putting away truck deliveries.
- Balancing drawer with the company over/short policy.
- Follow local, state, and federal requirements in the sale of lotto, tobacco, and alcohol.
- Assist deli food preparation while following health department guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications
- 18 years or older
- Good customer service skills
- Basic math skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions
- The ability to get tasks done with little to no supervision
- The ability to operate a cash register and work with numbers
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to pay attention to details
- The ability to operate a computer and other necessary IT equipment
- The ability to work in a variety of temperatures including coolers and hot/cold weather
- The ability to maintain confidential information
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gier Oil Co will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on
the basis of their qualifications. Our practices and procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits,
transfers, promotions, terminations, and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government.
Posting ID: 557165798Posted: 2020-10-27