Electrical / Electronic Assembler (Manufacturing / Assembly) O’Hara Township, Pittsburgh, PA
Kelly Services is currently seeking an Assembler III for one of our top clients in O’Hara, PA. As an Assembler placed with Kelly Services, you will successfully complete all aspects of assembly, test, and refurbishment on basic to intermediate level electro-mechanical devices as required. Our client’s fast-paced, team-oriented environment is the perfect place to take your assembly career to the next level. This is a yearlong contract paying $18.50/hour with the opportunity to go longer term working Mon – Thurs 2nd shift 4pm – 2:30am.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Basic knowledge of how to follow and understand a variety of instructions including: work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering specifications, sketches, assembly operations sheets. Will need to follow written and/or verbal instructions to construct electro-mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and components?in a regulated environment.?
- Perform in-process quality checks on product, including visual inspections, to ensure product meets required specifications. Identify and communicate any defects.
- Use testing equipment to ensure product is within documented specifications and utilize inspection tools to verify product specifications.
- Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment.
- Attends required training and follows site, safety, and security policies, procedures and practices.
- Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to floor leadership. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment as required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.?
- Ability to support and provide training and guidance to new assemblers and cross-training employees on assemblies of various complexity.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test
results, special products and data collection.
- Participates in production meetings and reports out on-line exceptions and metrics to leadership.
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to work 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week, with potential for overtime as needed.
- 2-4 years of manufacturing, technical service/support or assembly experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with electronic assembly instructions and guided work instructions, and/or ERP systems preferred.
- Able to navigate Windows OS and MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Able to use laptops, touchscreen computers, and related electronic devices.
Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to perform technical writing both handwritten and digital (i.e. email)
- Able to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing situations.
- Proven sound judgment, continuous improvement, and customer focus.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with fellow assemblers, technicians, engineers, and supervisors as required.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 99 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly® annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a Kelly Services candidate you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity, and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.