Inspects, washes, folds, and stores all laundered supplies for Rooms and Food and Beverage.
• Smiles when "On-Stage"
• Adheres to PCI Compliance Standards
• Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and name tag
• Provides clean linen and terry for guest rooms
• Provides clean linen for Food and Beverage.
• Separates linen and terry according to classification: fabric and color.
• Counts all soiled linen (non-reclaimable linen and terry and records the total)
• Operates washers and dryers as per established procedures.
• Loads and unloads washers and dryers.
• Sorts out stained linen for soaking and rewashing.
• Folds, stacks, hangs and stores all laundered linen.
• Separates, counts and records damaged linen and places it in designated area. Records discards in discard file.
• Cleans dryer filters as scheduled.
• Reports equipment malfunctions promptly to the supervisor.
• Keeps supplies and storage area orderly at all times.
• Cleans all equipment and work area daily.
• Maintains par stock of laundry and cleaning supplies-informs housekeeper of supplies needed.
• Assists with monthly inventories.
• Reports any hazardous conditions or malfunctions of equipment to Executive Housekeeper.
• Answers telephone and relays messages.
• Turns in lost and found items to be recorded in Quore.
• Provides assistance to associates to contribute to the smooth operation of the department and the property.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to those contained in the NHG Handbook
• All other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands: Requires walking and standing for entire shift. Requires ability to perform light physical labor: lifting, bending, stretching, and reaching. Requires the ability to lift 25-30 pounds infrequently. Requires ability to communicate both orally and in writing with guests and co-workers. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather but not necessarily temperature changes (i.e. 20- 30 degree variance.)
Essential Skills: Requires knowledge of applicable standards and procedures. Must have ability to complete applicable forms and to communicate effectively with supervisor. Ability to follow schedule and ability to perform physical labor.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent required.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.
Posting ID: 52979494Posted: 2020-07-14