WV-WVMoundsville-115 Arlington Ave SFunction:
Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates. Description
Do you thrive off of making a difference in other people's lives? Do you enjoy helping others and making the world a better place for people with disabilities? Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve.
As a Direct Care Worker, you'll work with individuals needing your help in their own homes and provide assistance with meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration. You will also be working with individuals outside of their homes by helping them get to work, appointments, and plenty of fun and leisure activities.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make,we want to hear from you
! Bring the right attitude, we'll train you for success!
We currently have full time and part time positions available. Evenings and Weekend shifts allow schedules to fit around school, other employment, or familycommitments.
Come join our mission! As aCaregiver/Direct Support Professionalwith REM Community Options/REM West Virginia, you'll work in residential settings supporting individuals with intellectual, physical, and behavioral disabilities.- make a difference in lives and enjoy rewarding work. Whether you have previous experience or just a big heart and willingness to learn, we want to hear from you!
Provide support to individuals through assistance with activities of daily living such as:
We will teach you - come on board: paid training will be provided based on the individuals and program you support.Qualifications: What we require of you:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
What we offer you:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Paid Training (First Aid, CPR, Medical Administration)
- Consistent Schedules
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
REM Community Optionsis a partner of The MENTOR Network,a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.Apply Today!