- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Thermo King a plus; Refrigerant R-404A Certification a plus; Compressed Natural Gas of Equipment a plus; Preventative Maintenance/Repair work on Tractors required; Must have own hand and power tools; Two to five years experience on class 8 vehicles
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Brake Certifications; PA Class 3, 4 or 7 Inspection; Tractor/Trailer Inspections; Valid Driver's License
- Certification or Licensing Desired: Valid Class A CDL
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Respond to road calls by utilizing fleet repair trucks or tow service.
- Install, replace and/or repair refrigerants, ventilation systems, brakes, engines, clutches, transmissions, starters, alternators, batteries, etc. as needed.
- Operate equipment in accordance with all safety parameters.
- Create and enter data for work orders and check sheets on work being performed to include posting of parts corresponding with fleet maintenance software.
- Keep work area safe and clean.
- Check equipment repair history and perform data input for system upgrades.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all commercial fleet vehicles and service trucks to Department of Transportation specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all tractors to include changing the oil, checking the filters, grease all fittings, checking all hoses, visually inspect the engine and tighten all bolts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all trailers, including lubing trailer joints, checking the doors, checking the exterior and repairing the rivets and sides as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on diesel, CNG and commercial l tractor trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks and vans.
- Review job orders and diagnose equipment to determine malfunctions and plan work procedures.
- Use hand, power and pneumatic tools and testing instruments to repair and maintain equipment and vehicles
- Examine protective guards and bolts and inspect safety devices on trucks and trailers in order to make adjustments as needed.
- Test drive repaired tractor trailer trucks or service equipment in order to verify compliance with Department of Transportation specifications.
- Perform Department of Transportation inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Perform state inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 565163576Posted: 2020-07-30