Environmental Services - WillardShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Responsible for all related housekeeping duties necessary within the Environmental Services Department scope of service and area of responsibility. Responsible for providing and maintaining a safe, clean and sanitary environment. Reports maintenance related items for repair. Practices good safety and infection control habits. Essential Job Functions
Employment QualificationsEducation Qualifications
- Maintains a clean and dust-free environment to assist in infection control. Cleans assigned and specialized areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods. Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers. Utilizes, dilutes, stores, transports and disposes of chemicals according to manufacturer specifications and department procedures. Follows universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and uses personal protective equipment as needed. Reports safety hazards as appropriate. Assists in cleaning emergency spills that are observed or reported.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new patient.
- Attends all mandatory and assigned meetings. Enhanced growth and development through in-service and educational programs.
-List theminimumeducation, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or GED
Specialty/Major: Preferred Education:
Choose an item.
Specialty/Major: Licensing/ Certification
-If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.Licensure/Certification Required:
Valid State of Ohio drivers license (Springfield Urbana)Licensure/Certification Preferred:
CHEST Certification Minimum QualificationsMinimum Years and Type of Experience:Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:
Able to write and understand written and oral communications.Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred:
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.*
May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.*
May have periods of constant interruptions.
Prolonged periods of working alone.
Lifting/ Carrying (0-50 lbs.)
Lifting/ Carrying (50-100 lbs.)
Push/ Pull (0-50 lbs.)
Push/ Pull (50-100 lbs.)
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Environmental Services - Willard All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org