Must be capable and competent in carrying out preventive maintenance tasks in order to assure fleet vehicles operate without unnecessary faults and in a safe, proper fashion. Further, must be capable and competent in troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing faulty equipment:
- Must be capable of diesel engine maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Must demonstrate capabilities of coordinating and accomplishing all areas of truck-tractor maintenance and repair, including, but not limited to, body and chassis, engine, service systems (fuel, electrical, etc.), painting, tires and axles, suspension, braking, drive train, lubrication, etc.
- Must be capable of cargo tank and flatbed trailer maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Must be familiar with cargo tank test and inspection requirements found in 49 CFR 180 Subpart E.
- Must demonstrate capability of accomplishing mandated test and inspection events outlined in 49 CFR 180 Subpart E
- Must possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A with X endorsement to move tractors and trailers between the garage and the Delaware City facility.
- Must be capable of standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist height.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs. for short distances.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Must review all executed Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports daily and respond to noted conditions.
- Must troubleshoot, diagnose and repair faulty equipment when directed by management.
- Must accomplish inspections and service events
- Must conduct housekeeping and caretaker duties in shop.
- Must maintain records of accomplished tasks and return requested documentation
- Must respond to vehicle emergencies, which may require travelling to a vehicle or the plant for a roadside repair.
- Must respond to the Company's request to move equipment between the plant and the shop and vice versa.
- Conduct brake and tire inspections as directed.
- Maintain records of accomplished task and return such documentation daily to management.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 567731258Posted: 2020-08-12