The Machine Operator is responsible for the setup and operation of a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Works under immediate supervision; relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Secures and maintains material and supplies required for the operation.
• Completes work area set up.
• Operates and feeds the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
• Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finished product.
• Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
• Completes the pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
• Maintains production records as required.
• Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
• Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
• Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
Shift start: 6:00AM
Shift length: 12 hours
Monday - Friday, some weekends. Hours vary by production
Universal Forest Products, Inc., is a U.S.-based global corporation that finds reward in its roots and its hard-earned success. Founded in 1955 as a supplier of lumber to the manufactured housing industry, Universal today is a multibillion-dollar holding company with subsidiaries around the globe that serve three robust markets: retail, industrial and construction. Since 1993, Universal has been publicly traded (Nasdaq: UFPI). We're headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan.