As a representative for our company, a Janitor/Recycler will be performing non-technical general building maintenance and custodial duties.
1. Routinely wipes down counters, cabinets and drawers.
2. Replenishes needed supplies.
3. Spot clean walls, light switches, refrigerators (as needed).
4. Entry Areas: checks sand urns/ash trash and dispose debris.
5. Patio Areas: maintains appearance and check ash trays for debris.
6. Conference Rooms: checks conference room and maintains appropriate appearance.
7. Cafeteria: wipes tables, chairs, surfaces as needed. Stocks supplies as needed. Removes trash or dirty dishes.
8. Mailroom: straightens out items on counters (punch holes, staplers, baskets, etc.).
9. Restrooms: stocks all supplies, picks up larger paper debris, wipes down counters, and maintains good appearance.
10. Assists customers with requests: special requests by customers i.e. help with events, meetings, set ups, etc.
11. Must maintain a neat appearance. A uniform is required at some worksites.
12. Must attend periodic training and safety meetings.
13. Operate ride-along floor scrubber
1. Collecting and throwing away trash
2. Breaking down large quantities of cardboard boxes and loading into compactor on a daily basis
Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of basic janitorial duties and responsibilities very helpful.
2. Must have good listening and verbal communication skills. Some positions require the ability to speak/understand English.
3. Must be able to understand and anticipate the needs of the clients. Education and Work
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
2. 1-2 years of experience in commercial facilities and building janitorial work desired.
1. Small-to-large office environment.
2. Safety glasses required while performing certain tasks.
3. Fast paced work environment.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and shop environments.
6. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, cleaning products and noise.
7. Must be punctual.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to perform the following repetitive movements: stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. Ability to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move a minimum of 40 pounds of office and facilities equipment (cleaning products, tools, and ladders) and trash and the ability to safely use equipment provided. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under The Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
FlagShip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.JB.0.00.LN