Join us at IMI Norgren! We are actively hiring on all shifts for skilled Machine Operators.
We can offer you:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k + company match
- Annual shoe reimbursement
- PTO and sick days offered
- Competitive pay with annual salary evaluations
Machinist Job Duties:
Follows standardized, pre-determined procedures to set up and operate computer numerical control and conventional work centers to machine a wide variety of standard and special component parts of average complexity which are utilized in the manufacturing of pneumatic cylinders.
Work from inspection cards, work orders, charts, blueprints and verbal instructions to:
- Works at primary computer numerical work center on a regular basis to meet production-scheduling requirements. May occasionally cross train or work at additional work center (s).
- Install and adjust various types of tooling in the work centers.
- Insert computer programs into CNC work centers.
- Cut, and/or position raw materials into machine center jaws/fixtures.
- Progress first piece through the initial run analyzing and making standard adjustments to tooling programs and operating parameters of work centers (speeds, feeds, basic M&G codes, etc).
- Operate work centers to perform progressive turning, drilling and tapping machine operations, which are of average complexity to produce stated quantities of component parts.
- Monitor ongoing operations through machine cycles, load and unload work centers as necessary on a concurrent basis.
- Inspect parts for stated dimensions and surface imperfections.
- Performs basic troubleshoot to identify problems affecting machining operations involving tooling, materials, work center and programs. Needs assistance from others to resolve.
- Modify cutting tools as necessary.
- Prepare the required paperwork and place completed work in designated location.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Notify supervisory personnel of equipment and operating difficulties.
- May assist & train lower level machine positions.
- Minimum of 1 years CNC machining experience and/or 4 years manual machining experience.
- Proficient in the use of cutting tools and measuring instruments
- Read and understand blueprint drawings
Norgren is part of global engineering organization IMI plc. IMI is at the forefront of delivering the solutions we need in a changing world and is focused on creating tremendous value by solving key industry problems in attractive markets and working with the best.
Norgren has a proud history of creating innovative engineering solutions in precise motion control and fluid technology, and we collaborate with our customers across more than 50 countries in critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life Science and Commercial Vehicles.
Posting ID: 601107854Posted: 2021-01-26