At a glance:
- Are you a motivated sales engineer skilled at detailed evaluations of client networks and recommending simple solutions for their business needs?
- Can you commit to a technical position empowering sales teams with pre-sale activities and post-sale technical consultations for Spectrum Enterprise technology solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As an experienced Sales Engineer, you have strong requirements gathering skills that you use to architect innovative network solutions and exceed client expectations. Through your expertise and understanding of each client's needs, you outline uniquely beneficial combinations of Private Networking Solutions based on MEF standards and voice solutions. You improve sales with persuasive written abilities that showcase the benefits of Spectrum Enterprise services.
You accelerate the sales cycle by sharing your knowledge through the preparation and presentation of technical sales proposals for new and existing clients. You are passionate about creating solutions that proactively acquire new enterprise accounts and convert them into long-term clients. You possess a refined ability to overcome technical obstacles to cost-effectively meet client needs today and in the future. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable traveling to evaluate on-site systems within a specified footprint. You report directly to the Manager of Sales Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Sales Incentives
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
What you will do:
- Be an impactful member of the sales team by supporting all efforts to reach revenue goals and enhance the client experience.
- Craft and review cost-effective proposals based on designs of the client current network environment and technical and business requirements.
- Engineer client-centric solutions by designing voice and data network solutions for client applications, including the preparation of network topologies and technical specifications.
- Maintain company compliance for prepared client voice and data network solution designs by submitting them to Engineering and Operations and compiling project cost elements.
- Obtain financial client approval by collaborating with Account Executives, Account Managers, and Sales Managers on solution pricing and submission of an Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
- Improve sales by helping clients to understand the benefits of Spectrum Enterprise products and services through technical proposal presentations.
- Set up a smooth installation process through the distribution of post-sale documentation and support to installation and project management.
- Support client integration and implementation of company solutions by providing technical sales support.
- Encourage long-term client retention by answering complex questions during solution design and equipment operation.
- Bolster company-wide sales by presenting technical training to new and existing Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales Support teams.
- Support team development initiatives by guiding the position Network Engineer I through complex voice and data network solutions.
- Continuously stay at the forefront of emerging trends within the telecommunications industry.
Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of experience in telecommunications sales engineering and networking
- Knowledgeable of Metro Ethernet, including DPL, EVPL, ELAN and LAN and WAN technologies
- Skilled in networking fundamentals related to routers, switches, LAN, MAN, WAN, DS3, OC-x, CSU, DSU and other CPEs
- Detailed knowledge of DNS systems, TCP, IP, firewalls, VPNs or other corporate data security methods.
- Adept with general industry networking technologies, such as IP VPN, MPLS, VPLS, VoIP, SONET and DWDM
- Experience with voice networking with an emphasis in VoIP, signaling protocols and PBX
- Expert in routing protocols, such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF and RIP as well as emerging technologies
- Proven knowledge of the sales cycle and working closely with sales professionals
- Understanding of business drivers, industry trends and regulatory and technical shifts that impact target markets
- Track record of developing long-term business relationships with key decision-makers in large enterprise organizations
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change
- Consultative approach to providing client solutions and design with strong knowledge of converged multimedia applications
- Solid technical presentation skills with C-level executives
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record and the availability to travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, IT or a related field (preferred)
- CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP or MEF-CECP Certification (preferred)
Posting ID: 578318960Posted: 2020-10-09