1. Performs job duties safely as specified in the physical, sensory, and mental
2. Prepares patient trays according to instructions and diet order.
3. Assists in preparation and portioning of meal items according to menu and diet
4. Covers, dates, and labels leftovers and open items properly.
5. Employs proper food handling techniques in preparation of food and setting up or
6. Cleans, washes, and sanitizes dishes, silverware, and utensils using correct
7. Assists in maintaining the general cleanliness of the dishwashing area.
8. Cleans work area and equipment as assigned.
9. Puts up stock in food storage areas, including dry storage, freezers, and
refrigerators, as assigned.
10. Delivers food, nourishments, and supplies to nursing units and other areas as
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Facility.
2. Is knowledgeable of resident rights and supports an atmosphere which allows for
the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
OSHA and safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices,
established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or
correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
4. Adheres to:
a. Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations
b. HIPAA regulations
c. Quality Assurance requirements and compliance with regulatory
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment
free from sexual harassment and illegal and discriminatory behavior.
e. Code of Conduct and Compliance Programs when performing job
5. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plans and completes
job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and
e. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance,
uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work
duties as assigned.
f. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a
positive, helpful, and enthusiastic attitude.
6. Immediately reports incidents of alleged resident abuse or neglect or alleged
violations of residents' rights to Supervisor or Executive Director.
7. Maintains current practice standards or changes by participating in educational
opportunities provided by the Facility and outside resources.