To assure the effective and profitable operation of the assigned retail store including the development of all hosts assigned to that store. To actively pursue self-development and proficiency in the skills necessary to be assigned as senior co-manager. Responsibilities
- Assists the store manager in implementing an in-store sales-building culture that ensures growth through: execution of company merchandising programs and weekly sales plans in each department, planning and executing weekly sales themes, ensuring in-stock conditions throughout the store and actively participates in weekly sales meetings.
- Provides for desired levels of guest satisfaction, courtesy and service throughout the store, with special emphasis on our front-end fast service commitment.
- Accountable for achieving budgeted financial results in assigned area of responsibility and assists store manager in achieving total store results.
- Protects company assets: merchandise, cash, facilities and equipment. Conducts weekly manager audits on front-end, DSD receiving and pricing. Assists the manager to ensure all required shrink functions are performed. Manages grocery inventory with shrink results =/< 0.40% of sales*.
- Effectively controls store variable expenses, including achieving budgeted wage percent.
- Assists in the staffing of the store, including forecasting of needs, recruitment and training. Additionally, builds a talent planning bench for the store, including developing and executing development plans for all hi-potential and promotable individuals.
- Ensures direct reports understand expectations for performance, holds them accountable to achieve budgeted results and meets with them to review performance and provide feedback (ongoing and annual performance appraisal).
- Constant awareness and reaction to store conditions through frequent and detailed store walks.
- Effectively trains and develops store management team, especially department managers, to ensure Lowes Foods has the necessary bench for our growth. Acts as a resource for these leaders in their roles.
- Ensures sanitation and food safety standards are maintained throughout the store (as measured through internal and external sources).
- Creates an atmosphere that ensures positive store morale through effective supervisory treatment and recognition. The workforce should be enthusiastic, guest focused and embedded in a selling culture.
- Provides and facilitates effective communications to Store Manager, Field Merchandisers and store hosts.
- Ensures stores are run in compliance with company standards (as measured by ALI audits).
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local statutes, regulations and company policies.
- Maintains a safe facility for guests and hosts.
*Applicable to Center Store Co-Manager Qualifications
Possess the knowledge and skills generally associated with a Bachelor's degree plus 1-2 years supermarket management experience.
Posting ID: 562629756Posted: 2020-08-03