YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Courier Services Manager - AdventHealth - Apopka
Location Address: Apopka, Fl 32703
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Ensures hospital vehicles are operated within the laws of the State of Florida, and policies of AdventHealth; ensures vehicles are maintained to maximize cost effectiveness and productivity.
- Safely arranges transportation of biological specimens, equipment, supplies, reports and similar items or related paperwork according to defined schedule and department expectations. Fills in (courier role) in emergency situations.
- Manages staff and performs various activities to facilitate operation of laboratory to meet client's needs, including scheduling of staff, dispatch, coordination of external couriers and similar activities.
- Develops and implements staff training programs. Utilizes feedback from Employee Engagement surveys, employee rounding, and other managerial resources to create productive and engaged work environment.
- Develops and oversees functionality and service associated with the electronic tracking system
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of a paramedic program, LPN (if hired prior to 3/31/14), or registered nurse program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Monitor Tech cross-training
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Valid Florida State Licensure as a Paramedic OR
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (if hired prior to 03/31/14) OR
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Florida (awaiting RN position availability - up to 120 days) OR
- Licensed as an RN in another state (awaiting Florida RN License - up to 90 days)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course ENPC (not applicable to 5490, 6162, 6780 and 7500 Adults only transport)
The Advanced Technician II performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Posting ID: 567129885Posted: 2020-08-09