The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation’s leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country.
Job Title: Night Warehouse Team Lead
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
This position leads and coaches the night warehouse team members to safely, accurately and efficiently select, replenish, and load product for customer orders. The night warehouse team leader offers the support in order to achieve accurate shipping and proper scanning during replenishments.
· Engage team members to consistently achieve and/or exceed individual performance goals and objectives by positively leading by example.
· Proactively identify and remove obstacles for teams and individual team members.
· Fully support the consistent application of all policies, procedures, and guidelines while leading by example and consistently and effectively communicating expectations to team members.
· Responsible for associate development through positive coaching and training on policy & procedures and equipment.
· Completes required daily feedback and coaching with selectors partnering with individuals and teams to identify the “root cause” of "mis-picks" and shorts. Works to develop processes that outline standard steps and procedures to effectively move day warehouse operations forward. Takes action through positive coaching and interaction to correct behaviors.
· Proactively identifies safety hazards and either resolves them or reports them to the safety manager as appropriate. Accountable for maintaining the physical condition of the warehouse and its equipment. Leads team and individuals to support assigned daily/weekly cleaning schedules and plans.
· Works with operations management team to lead initiatives to reduce damages while ensuring teams and individuals accurately report and record damaged inventory items.
· Is proactively engaged in coaching individual team members to accurately use voice and computer systems which in turn reduce “mis-picks,” improve inventory accuracy through accurate replenishments and picking, and support a more accurate and balanced incentive program.
· Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
· Maintains physical condition of warehouse; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
· Consistently supports warehouse operations regarding employee schedules, work-loads and productivity immediately identifying individual obstacles or team barriers to supervisors and managers across multiple shifts and/or the department.
· Insure compliance with OSHA standards and company safety requirements.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
· Has successfully performed job functions at “the Chef’s Warehouse,” as a selector, replenishment team member, loader, receiver, or yard jockey.
· Has the experience positively engaging peers and teams while working through diverse and challenging opportunities to effectively deliver results.
· Leadership, motivation and managerial skills.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated success in following standard operating procedures (SOPs) while providing input and ideas for “best practices” in a warehouse distribution setting with a focus on inventory control, replenishment, and outbound loading and shipping operations.
· Ability to understand data and results while articulating the same to individual team members.
· Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
· Accurate with attention to detail.
· Strong communication and organization skills with superior work ethic.
· Judgment and decision-making ability.
· Team player who works productively with wide range of staff.
· Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
· The ability to make decisions, problem-solve, prioritize the flow of work and proactively identify and develop solutions to successfully remove obstacles for individuals and teams.
· The inherent drive and desire to take ownership for follow-up with individuals and leaders alike.
· The aptitude to learn and apply computer systems, tools, and software systems to support day to day warehouse operations.
· Ability to learn and mature as a leader to effectively coach and develop others to support, achieve and exceed individual, team and company objectives.
· Experience with identifying opportunities for improvement developing and supporting solutions
· Ability to positively motivate teams and influence and communicate with individuals at all levels
· Strong leadership, communication and people development skills
Job Type: Full-time - Night Warehouse Lead The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 200 Eagle Ct, Swedesboro, NJ 08085, USA