- The Application Engineer will be responsible for reviewing and discussing with customer, truly understanding the customers needs.
- This will include, starting to develop concepts, costing exercise, material cost, labor costs and proposal proposal development.
- Generally, the Application Engineer is working on 2-3 opportunities or projects at different stages in the process.
- This person will be the main point of contact with customer on the technical side of things.
- To do a proposal start to finish it will take 3-4 weeks. Generally, it can go from 1-4 weeks, depending on the project size. Within that time frame, this person will need schedule reviews and work through the budget process (2-3 day process).
- This person will be working on concepts and layouts, timing charts, looking for technical solutions, instrumentation, hardware and continuing to refine that concept in order to develop a solution for the customer.
- At this stage you are really putting the cost into perspective from material, controls, testing, etc.
- From here this person will be to engage cross functionally with all the electrical, mechanical, software and shop employees, to review and refine the costing of the project. Some could be a revision and be quickly agreed upon. However, other proposals could take 3-4 revisions before they actually win. When they submit the quote, they will receive feedback from the customer, make changes and go from there.
- Eventually this person will just be responding to customer requests and smaller upgrades and general customer service.
- From here the bigger focus now is on providing custom test solutions as compared to assembly solutions.
- This will include process, end of line test equipment and stand-alone test systems.
- The final stage is creating the kickoff package that includes, all the details that they used to put the proposal together. These details are, RFQs, drawings, models, timing charts, quotes.
- After this kickoff package is complete they will handoff to the project manager and then they take over form there.
Application engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical, Autocad, industrial machinery, factory automation, proposal writing, instrumentation, performance time calculations, production equipment, cost analysis, cost estimate
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years experience in an automation environment.
- being able to understand how to hold a part, move a part, engage a part.
Application Engineering experience
- Working knowledge of instrumentation, machine controls, automation principles and manufacturing processes
- Ability to present ideas, concepts and pricing information in a clear and concise manner suitable for technical audiences is essential.
- Proposal writing experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Posting ID: 610369737Posted: 2021-03-06