Ace hardware of Woodbury
Established in 1968, Ace Hardware of Woodbury (formerly Kens Hardware) has been providing friendly courteous service going on four decades. Christopher Wolf, the current owner, took over the store in early 1999 at its original location. In 2004 he expanded it to its current location and has increased product lines to meet customer needs. The store has been designed to provide shoppers with solutions to their home improvement needs by having an extensive array of quality products, coupled with hands-on service, under the same roof. Signature areas of the store include The Paint Studio, Benjamin Moore, Weber, Lawn and Garden, Expanded Housewares and Tool and Hardware departments. Our new Kent Ace store builds perfectly on our 'helpful hardware folks' tradition.
The Sales Associate will assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive representation of Ace Hardware.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
• Provide assistance to Department Specialists, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Operate forklift with proper training.
• Communicate any Store Support Center issue to General Manager for follow up.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to General Manager.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
High School or GED equivalent.
Formal retail experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50lbs) and climbing.
Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.
Posting ID: 547928890Posted: 2020-07-03