Data/ Specimen Technician – Los Angeles, CA.
Position: Contract (3-6 months w/ possible extension)
Shift: Full time; 1st shift, Mon-Fri 10:30AM-6:30PM
The Data/ Specimen Technician is accountable for the handling/storing and processing of irreplaceable clinical trial specimens. The technician will perform a variety of tasks depending on the specific Specimen Management Center Assistant level held and supports the various teams of the Specimen Management. The technician is a liaison between Specimen Management and the other laboratory.
- Ensure that specimens are picked up from the appropriate department, sorted, pre-scanned and registered into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
- Identification of problem samples and corrects routing of these specimens.
- Close and prepare SDS shipments.
- Accountable for accurately identifying specimens that need to be discarded and completing the discard process.
- Creation of new storage drawers for use in the registration process and the ability to complete location moves in the SMART database.
- Consolidate and move drawers as specified to effectively utilize freezer space.
- Perform basic freezer maintenance including but not limited to:
- Acts as a backup to the freezer coordinator.
- Monitor, respond to and resolve issues with alarming Specimen Management units, and/or appreciate department, to ensure regulatory compliance and monitor follow-up for corrective actions.
- Accountable for initialing appropriate freezer documentation
- Understand the pull list and pull the specimens from the freezers.
- Understand and apply the shipping instructions and pack the specimens as per requirements.
- Generation and application of specialized labels, to include mini labels and/or computer generated bar codes.
- Perform any QC needed during the process of pulling and packaging.
- Must be able to QC shipments shipped thru SMART.
- QC packages and shipping documents.
- Stock supplies from warehouse.
- Ship packages thru SMART.
- Ship pass-through and Transfer Test packages to other locations.
- Generate and download EPLs from SMART.
- Generate emails and insert EPLs.
- Be able to accurately and efficiently Prescan, Register, Process, Pull, and Pack specimens using SMART.
- Completion of beginning and end of day duties, as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and perform all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
- Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation.
- AS in a Scientific discipline. BS in Science preferred
- Minimum 1 year applicable work experience
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take up challenges
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to use several software packages i.e. Word, Excel, Access
Apply Today! Questions? Please call Airika at 562-206-2707 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To schedule a time to connect, please click the link to add your availability to my calendar. https://calendly.com/airc843/30min?month=2020-09
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Posting ID: 610969548Posted: 2021-03-07