Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Job Title:Oncology RN Navigator
Cost Center:568210 Minocqua-Oncology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Work Shift:See Job Description for detail (United States of America)
TheOncology Nurse Navigator serves as a single point of contact for referring physicians, patients, and caregivers to guide and provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services offered within the Marshfield Clinic Health Systems (MCHS) and in the community. The individual will assist and navigate patients from diagnosis through treatment or transplant continuum to identify and track barriers of care to ensure timely completion of services and to provide psychosocial support empowering patients and families to make informed treatment decisions. TheOncology Nurse Navigator will provide education to patients and families throughout the various stages of assessment, treatment and evaluation and will coordinate appropriate resources within the organization or community to meet the needs of the patient. The individual will provide education to other healthcare providers throughout the organization as well as outside agencies and the community. WORK SHIFT
Mon - Fri; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. 1 day off per week flexible based on patient care needs. JOB QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATIONFor positions requiring education beyond a high school diploma or equivalent, educational qualifications must be from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education and Accreditation.Minimum Required: Education qualifications must be from a school whose accreditation is recognized by Marshfield Clinic.Required Education
: Diploma or associate degree in nursing. Preferred/Optional:
Bachelor's degree in nursing. EXPERIENCE Minimum Required:
Three years' nursing. Preferred/Optional:
None CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSESThe following licensure(s), certification(s), registration(s), etc., are required for this position. Licenses with restrictions are subject to review to determine if restrictions are substantially related to the position.Minimum Required:
- Current State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or Nurse Compact License.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications awarded by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Nurse navigation certification awarded through an approved program within two years of hire or within six months of qualification.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable and compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.Exclusion From Federal Programs: Employee may not at any time have been or be excluded from participation in any federally funded program, including Medicare and Medicaid. This is a condition of employment. Employee must immediately notify his/her manager or the Health System's Compliance Officer if he/she is threatened with exclusion or becomes excluded from any federally funded program.Marshfield Clinic Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) awarded by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation.
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN) certification awarded through the Oncology Nursing Society.
- Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBRN) awarded by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation. Oncology Nurse Navigator-Certified Generalist (ONN-CG) awarded through the Academy of Oncology Nurse and Patient Navigators (AONN) to meet the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accreditation requirements.
- Oncology Patient Navigator-Certified Generalist (OPN-CG) awarded through the Academy of Oncology Nurse and Patient Navigators (AONN) to meet the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accreditation requirements.
- Oncology Nurse Navigator-Certified Generalist-Thoracic (ONN-CG(T)) awarded through the Academy of Oncology Nurse and Patient Navigators (AONN) to meet the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accreditation requirements.
Posting ID: 593250560Posted: 2020-12-16