Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Vice President, Strategic Clients
Overview of Position
The Vice President of Strategic Clients is a confident leader with an advisory/consulting bent, who builds and maintains trusted executive relationships with strategically important large accounts. This executive will manage a Book of Business from 2-8 accounts with revenue in the range of $65 to 105M and is accountable for the achievement of target financial objectives (growth, retention, cost) and the development & execution of client partnership strategies. This position is the single point of contact responsible for specific internal and external oversight for assigned clients; it serves as the point of escalation for both client and internal CHC areas.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Driving growth of assigned accounts based on the financials contained in the three-year Long Range Plan.
- Supporting CHC verticals, finance and marketing in the development and articulation of the "value stories" across the CHC portfolio. Ensures the incremental value is well-defined for each client as befits their current needs and profile by working the generic value calculations into client specific ones.
- Single point of contact responsible for specific internal and external oversight of payer market channel for Change Healthcare's payer products and solutions with overall client growth, relationship management and satisfaction as the key objectives.
- Is the voice of the client within CHC to ensure the client receives the appropriate amount of attention and added value. Develops long-term relationships with assigned clients, building and nurturing relationships with key business executives and stakeholders.
- Facilitates the meeting of the key leader counterparts to deepen the overall relationship. Involves CHC resources from the SLT to service delivery teams as needed to problem solve, collaborate and/or otherwise ensure client performance objectives and expectations are met. Becomes an expert on the client's business in the context of the overall health care industry. Understands how the client differentiates itself in markets and creates client specific value and how the CHC portfolio can support/maximize their differentiation.
- Oversees regular joint strategic account planning and business reviews (roadmaps, innovation, etc.) and tactical activities (governance, performance objectives, critical milestones) to ensure client needs and expectations are met.
- Proactively and continually assesses, clarifies and validates short term needs and long-term client objectives. Directs client to solution development efforts to address client needs.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5-10 years of experience working with large managed care organizations or large enterprise wide healthcare software systems
- At least 5 years of value-based consulting in a market/customer facing role such as strategic account management or strategic consulting in healthcare payer business, healthcare technology products and services business or healthcare payer operations, and a proven ability to achieve growth, retention and cost targets.
- A minimum of 4 years in a client, strategic partner or supplier facing role
- 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience. Masters preferred
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Functional understanding of health plan financials (P&L, ALR, MLR, etc. components and drivers)
- Multi-year health plan (payer) multifunction operational management with responsibility for aspects of key financials (P&Ls, ALR, MLR) preferred
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership in Healthcare across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior health plan leadership and decision makers
- Understanding of complex sales cycles at strategic level and knowledgeable about the health care industry technology/software solutions
- Adaptive, collaborative, expedient and driven
- Customer centric with the ability to adjust plans and actions to meet changing market and/or customer needs as well as to develop and deploy the strategy that drives customer partnership, revenue growth and retention
- Candidates need a high degree confidence for the autonomy, energy, flexibility and drive required to influence customers and CHC partners
- Candidates who are highly motivated by stretch goals will excel in this role
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
How much should I expect to travel?
- Up to 30%
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.