We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - SPIRIT Medical Ground Transport - Full-Time Rotating - Howard Young Medical Center - Woodruff,WI
How does an extra $12,000 sound? This will be your sign-on bonus for a two-year commitment if you join the award-winning team of critical care Nurses at Ascension Wisconsin Spirit Medical Transport. You'll work three 12-hour shifts during the week and have every other weekend off to enjoy with your family and friends.
**** $12,000 Sign On Bonus with a 2 year employment commitment for external candidates ****Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization. What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension SPIRIT Transport at Howard Young Medical Center, you will have the opportunity to provide high quality patient care in conjunction with fellow team members during transport between facilities.Responsibilities:
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Performs assessment and stabilization of patients as well as any necessary diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments by collaborating with team members and multidisciplinary members.
- Participates in decision-making and partners with the multidisciplinary team to enhance operational efficiency.
- Completes all appropriate medical documentation.
- May be required to drive an ambulance to transport patients and/or supplies.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. ACLS Instructor is acceptable in lieu of ACLS.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. BLS Instructor acceptable in lieu of BLS.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. PALS Instructor acceptable in lieu of PALS.
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Certification from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is also accepted.
- Valid drivers license obtained by hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Transport credentialed from the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Flight credentialed from the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Emergency Care credentialed from the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Critical Care credentialed from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services preferred in addition to required RN licensure.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Completion of the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) approved Transport Professional Advanced Trauma course, and certification, within 12 months of hire or transfer date required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Three (3) years (minimum of 4000 hours) of clinical experience in the field of the primary work by hire or transfer date required.
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement