Job ID: 17182
This position provides on-site contracts management in support of the HT/Rotron Business Unit to ensure profitable and consistent application of Terms and Conditions throughout the Business Unit and the Division. Additionally, the Contracts Manager is a supervisory position for the Rotron Customer Service Team. Duties include, but are not limited to, reviewing terms and conditions of incoming purchase orders, negotiating business terms with customers, providing business advice in regards to FAR and DFARS questions, providing input on commerciality of products, validating and updating representation and certifications, maintaining currency in System for Award Management, maintaining and updating customers' long-term agreements, and office-based administration support for both internal and external customers.
The Contracts Manager is a supervisory position for the Rotron Customer Service Team and and will be directly managed by the Director of Rotron Business Development. The candidate will need to be able to work with other Ametek departments on processes and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and Negotiate Customer Terms and Conditions
o Customer PO's greater than $100K
o Customer RFI/RFPs
o Customer LTAs
o Maintain copies of negotiated terms for reference
• Review and respond to FAR and DFARS flow downs
o All Customer POs
o Customer RFI/RFPs
o Maintain current knowledge of updates in clauses such as Certified Cost or Pricing data, Specialty Metals, Terminations, etc.
• Coordinate responses to Customer Requests for Small Business Subcontracting Plans
• Creates and maintains playbook (spreadsheet, database, etc.) for unique contractual requirements for key customers
• Support LTA/MOA efforts
• Backup to Export Compliance Official
o Interpret Department of Commerce, ITAR, and Department of State requirements for export
o Provide status of existing license submittals
o Maintain listing of all P/N ECCNs
• Perform signatory duties as Empowered Official for the Business
• Makes recommendations to Management on opportunities and issues
• Ensures compliance to US Export Regulations
• Responsible for building key relationships both internally and with our customers and ensuring compliance and communication of contractual obligations.
• Handle escalated customer complaints through to completion.
• Create and provide quotes, review purchase orders, perform order entry and maintenance, manage customer websites and portals, and resolves customer issue.
Limits of Fiscal / Management Authority
• Not permitted to change Business Management / SOP processes, procedures and guidelines without formal approval but expected to make recommendations when necessary.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Desired candidate is a self-starter with a strong work ethic who can perform duties with minimal supervision
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and able to effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
• Strong computer skills are a must, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Oracle experience strongly preferred
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to provide thorough attention to detail
• Ability to take a proactive approach to problem identification and a creative approach to resolution.
• Maintain a professional demeanor in potentially stressful situations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
Education and Experience
• 4-year Marketing/Business degree or equivalent required
• MBA/Master's degree preferred
• 5 years' experience in contracts in the aerospace industry
• Exposure to military contracts
• Prolong periods of sitting or standing,
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs is required
Standard Company Responsibilities:
• Take responsibility for understanding the Business Management System and how it is applied to the role.
• Adhere to Health and Safety requirements always.
• There is a responsibility on all employees to bring to the attention of their manager any issues that could potentially affect the business, regardless of how small they may seem at the time.
• All duties within this job description should be carried out in line with any Company policies and procedures in place at the time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Posting ID: 566095476Posted: 2020-08-03