Medical Receptionist/ exp with EMR- eClinicalk works or other EMR preferable with Medical Billing Exp preferred
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Can be trained on the Job
· Greet, assess and interview patients. Obtain past medical and surgical history, family history, social history, vital signs. Review present medications, allergy history, chief complaint, and brief interrogation of complaint. Act as a liaison between doctor and patient. Explain medication, side effects, treatments, diets, diseases and disease processes. Screen for health maintenance criteria. Update medication list and current problem list.
· Assess need for medical waiver and obtain signature if applicable.
· Prepare and assist patients for examination, treatment or procedure by medical staff.
· Anticipate need for assessment and monitoring and follow through in providing the assessment and monitoring of patient during examination, treatment, emergency, acute illness, or procedure.
· Attend required staff training, emergency training, and OSHA training sessions, as well as staff meetings.
· Accurate and timely documentation of nursing interventions. Follow CMG clinic policies.
· Respond to patient’s concerns in person or by telephone while simultaneously assessing and documenting the problem.
· Provides a caring environment and able to deal empathetically with patient’s needs and questions. Must be an excellent verbal communicator and project a professional image.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Able to float to other areas as needed.
· Participate in training and skills development of new personnel.
· Contributes to the SMG Company Organizational Direction on an annual basis as defined by Performance Excellence Program.
· Meets Clinic/Departmental Goals on an annual basis as defined by the Performance Excellence Program.
· Meets the defined number of essential job duties as defined by the Performance Excellence Program.
· Meets the expected behaviors of values for living out our mission as defined by the Performance Excellence Program.
· Participates in the developmental goals