Who we are:
Rooted in the heritage of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Notre Dame Health Care (NDHC) is committed to the physical, spiritual, and emotional care of our residents and patients. As one of Worcester's largest healthcare organizations employing 420 employees, NDHC provides long term/skilled rehab care, residential assisted living care, adult/pediatric hospice and palliative care, and education, tutoring, and citizenship courses to hundreds of residents/patients every year. Located off the shores of Lake Quinsigamond within the woods of the Worcester Land Trust.
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, resident rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met
• Follows user directions for all compounds and chemicals, including use of proper proportions
• Labels all compounds and chemicals properly and stores them in locked storage areas
• Empties trash containers, replaces liners, as appropriate, and disposes of trash in proper receptacles
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming
• Washes windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
• Dusts and polishes furniture and equipment
• Maintains clean storage area and stores cleaning supplies in the directed manner
• Carries linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts and maintains fire aisles when using cleaning cart
• Replenishes supplies, linens, and bathroom items
• Reports any repair needs to supervisor or maintenance department as appropriate
• Observes for resident safety when in resident care areas
• Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards.
• High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience in Housekeeping or Laundry, preferred.