Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Group Physicians
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday. Requisition #:
Academic Chief of Neonatology Department:
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Massachusetts Medical School and UMass Memorial Health Care is recruiting a Division Chief of Neonatology. The NICU at the Children's Medical Center serves as a Level III referral center for neonates throughout Central Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut. The Division offers a variety of clinical, academic and administrative opportunities for candidates at all stages of their careers. UMass Medical School is a thriving research institution with robust clinical and translational research programs, as well as community and population health research. Faculty have access to core resources through the NIH funded Center for Clinical and Translational Science as well as through the Department of Quantitative Health Sciences. A new research building houses a state-of-the-art simulation center and programs in gene therapy and RNA therapeutics.
The Division Chief will lead a group of physicians, NNPs and neonatal fellows. Many innovative clinical programs are being built, and we are seeking an energetic individual to lead our team of enthusiastic neonatologists.
The ideal candidate will have 10 years of clinical experience and a proven history in a leadership role. Clinical research or clinical educator background is preferred with an academic record that will support an Assistant Professor or higher academic ranking.
- 10 years of experience.
- Board-certified in Neonatology.
- Appropriate for Assistant Professor of Pediatrics or a higher academic rank.
Clinical research background preferred.
- Delivery of medical care to inpatient NICU patients in the 24-hour, in-house coverage model.
- Patient safety and quality of care working with the Medical Director to ensure clinical quality improvement and patient safety.
- Participation in quality improvement, service improvement and leadership activities, including patient satisfaction and safety initiatives, risk management and peer review activities.
- Collaborate with leadership to create, seek, and execute strategic initiatives to further the mission of UMMMC.
- Identify and obtain resources to optimize clinic services and achieve goals for patient access, patient volume, physician availability and training, productivity and quality improvement.
- Prenatal consultations for pregnant patients with anticipated need for complex care.
- Contribution to an environment which enhances professional development of division members with the goal of achieving a highly motivated physician and allied professional group.
- Recruitment and retention of well-trained and qualified professional staff to the division within the clinical needs and compensation policies of UMASS.
- Scholarly activities include the education of pediatric residents and fellows in neonatology, a requirement for active research and support of the UMASS research strategy.
- Serve as the 'face' of neonatology and build external relationships, expand the sphere of influence, advocate for improvements and change within the division and seek external support and philanthropy. Fiscal stewardship and operational management in partnership with department administration.
- Focus on patient satisfaction and maintaining a family-centric environment and culture to ensure service and operational excellence that maximize patient satisfaction, outcomes and impact within and beyond UMASS.
- Regular attendance at Pediatric departmental meetings and general medical staff meetings as required by hospital and departmental bylaws.
- Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date medical records and summaries as required by hospital and department bylaws.
- Maintenance of board certification as required by employers.
Worcester is the second largest city in New England, one hour west of Boston and one hour north of Providence. The city and the surrounding areas have a strong and diverse economic base, with family friendly communities offering excellent school systems.
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind
, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Be the first of your friends to like this
If you are a Medical Office Assistant or interested in becoming one, please join us on December 16th from 11 am to 1 pm at the Remillard Pavilion at our University Campus! Get a chance to meet with members of Talent Acquisition--bring your resume and we hope to see you there!
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. We are the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, with access to the latest technology, research and clinical trials. Our health care system includes four hospitals: UMass Memorial Medical Center (Worcester) UM...
"Life Flight can cover over a million miles. From the helipad at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Life Flight can be in a place like Cape Cod in 30 minutes". UMass Memorial's Life Flight was featured on Fox 25 News--check it out here!
With packed roads and clogged interstates, emergencies can be extra challenging for first responders this week. But there is one way to fly above the traffic and get patients the lifesaving care they need.
Due to the inclement weather, we will be canceling Talent Tuesday for today. If you were planning to stop in today, feel free to come to our Walk In Wednesday event tomorrow! Click below for the details and to register!
55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, MA 01655-0002, United States
December is almost here and so is Talent Tuesday! We are looking for qualified RNs for our Emergency Department as well as Oncology! If you or someone you know is interested in one of these positions, stop by the Remillard Pavilion at our University Campus between 11 am and 1 pm on Tuesday December 3rd to meet with members of our Talent Acquisition team.
You have been redirected to a UMass Memorial Health Care job page