The Food Server Worker position performs a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, and serving duties in a healthcare commercial kitchen, storeroom, dining, or serving area. The successful applicant for this position will either live in or be relocating to the Wrangell, AK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists customers as requested with general information, inquiries, etc.
- Coordinates personal duties as required by the overall food service operations to include gourmet beverage preparation and cashier duties.
- Operates Point of Sale system to record price, compile printed list, and display costs.
- Properly, safely, and efficiently prepares various food products following and observing standard food handling procedures.
- Restocks salad or soup station during service as is needed.
- Stocks storage areas with various products.
- Washes objects by hand or with cleaning equipment.
- Cleans, sweeps, wipes down all general dining, kitchen, or storage areas (in some cases), equipment as well as all floors.
- Removes garbage from assigned areas.
- Assists with various periodic and scheduled cleaning projects.
- Observes any problems with the quality or quantity of food being served.
- Assists other employees in the food service areas or cooks to help out as needed.
- Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service machines.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- Must have High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have Alaska Food Handlers Card or ServSafe certification contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- Must have six (6) months experience in food service or janitorial industry.
- Must have knowledge of proper food service sanitation methods and equipment.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- One (1) year experience in food service.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: Moderate
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in a health care setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Competencies NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org