Virginia Health Services is hiring aDietary AideforYork Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center, a Long Term Care and Rehab Centerlocated inYorktown, VA. These positions are Full Time & PartTime, Days & Evenings.
The Dietary Aide has the following responsibilities:
- Assisting in the use of the menu tray card system.
- Assisting with preparing, and distributing resident meals and snacks in accordance with the menu, diet orders and facility meal schedule.
- Washing dishes and cleaning work area, tables, cabinets, carts, and ovens in accordance with infection control standards.
- Ensuring proper storage and handling for all food to include knowledge of proper holding temperatures and temperature documentation.
- Effectively operating all kitchen appliances.
- Following facility cleaning schedule as assigned.
- Maintaining proper cleaning and sanitation of kitchen equipment and area.
- Complying with all established policies and procedures.
- Promoting and demonstrate positive customer service towards VHS, co-workers, residents, family members and visitors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Prior food service experience is preferred, but not required.
- ServSafe Certified preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple information.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, turn, bend, stoop, lift, push, pull, reach, talk, hear, taste or smell.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens and hazardous materials.
Why join Virginia Health Services?
Locally owned and operated for over 50 years, Virginia Health Services seeks kind and compassionate employees to join our family-like team. We take pride in delivering outstanding long-term care nursing services to our friends and neighbors in this community, just as we would want for our own family members. Likewise, we believe in supporting our staff with opportunities for personal growth and professional advancement, as well as providing excellent benefits!
Recognizing you have many options; VHS offers many perks to being part of our team!
- Rewarding & meaningful relationships with our residents and other mission-minded coworkers.
- Competitive pay rates including higher entry-level salaries among major local health care providers.
- Most full and part time employees are eligible for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Group Health and Dental Insurance Programs.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days to eligible full and part-time employees.
- 401(k) retirement plan with an employee contribution annual basis.
- Tuition reimbursement is available to qualified staff who further their job-related education.
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team!
Learn more about caring community today: http://www.vahs.com
Virginia Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We are a drug free workplace.
Posting ID: 602146231Posted: 2021-03-02