What You Would Be Doing
Under moderate supervision, this position performs work related to general maintenance and upkeep of our residential facilities.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical, vehicle servicing, and lawn/landscaping.
- Must be knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in all areas of general maintenance.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within all areas of general maintenance.
- Will regularly travel around to the different Boundless facilities to fix problems at the facilities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Two to three years proven experience working in the maintenance field or in a related area
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Proof of auto insurance
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of tools, materials, methods and practices used in maintenance and occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in operation of power and manual tools and operation of light and heavy equipment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Physical/Sensory & Communicative Activities/Job Conditions:
- Physical activities for this job involve balancing, stooping, pulling/pushing/lifting/carrying up to 60 lbs, standing, kneeling, reaching, crouching, and crawling.
- The essential sensory and communicative activities for this job include feeling, seeing, hearing and speaking.
- An individual in this position, while performing duties, will be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, loud noises, and inside/outside environmental conditions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boundless is more than a company name. It’s a statement about who we are and what we believe. For nearly forty years, we have provided individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and behavioral health challenges the freedom and opportunity to live boundless lives.
Founded in 1980 as Franklin County Residential Services, we have grown from a modest, centralized organization into a dynamic family of nonprofits engaged with I/DD and behavioral health communities across the state.
From residential support and vocational habilitation to applied behavior analysis and outpatient services, we proudly offer person-centered care that celebrates each individual and encourages them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
We were the first provider organization in Ohio to receive national accreditation from the Council On Quality and Leadership (CQL). This accreditation emphasizes definition, promotion, measurement, and improvement of personal and community quality of life for people with disabilities and/or mental illness. CARF accreditation recognizes service provider organizations that emphasize an integrated and personalized approach to services and outcomes, strive for continuous improvement, are responsive to the community, and practice efficient management techniques.
Posting ID: 596476278Posted: 2021-01-27