Rush Plumbing, Heating and Air
Job Title: Service Plumber
Rush Plumbing, Heating and Air has been in the industry for twelve years and has been providing quality service for repairs and solutions to ongoing problems to our clients. We are seeking an individual that can work as a team player or independently. This position consists of assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
Job Type: 32 to 40 hours a week
Reports to: Plumbing Supervisor
- Customer service orientation
- Provides onsite plumbing system diagnostic based upon the initial request and upon a full inspection of the property’s plumbing system.
- Develop and present a complete set of recommendations and related pricing that addresses the initial call, corrects any deficiencies of the systems (undersize, code conflicts, part likely to fail, etc.) and improvement to the client comfort and lifestyle.
- Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues that arise during an installation that would keep the equipment from functioning properly or the customer from being satisfied.
- Communicate with Supervisor throughout each project to assure proper, prompt completion of the job.
- Must have a good working knowledge of our products and services being offered.
- Provide service, repair, installation, and or propose replacement of plumbing. components, accessories, and equipment. Including but not limited to clogged drains, leaky pipes, toilets, faucets, water heaters, fixtures, valves, bath tubs, showers, water services, sewer mins, sump, ejector, and or effluent pumps, septic systems/fields, disposals, water purifiers, recirculation systems, etc.
- Become knowledgeable of various municipalities' plan requirements, permit requirements and submittal processes.
- Establish goals and objectives as they relate to the position, along with a plan of action to attain or exceed set goals.
- Regularly review and monitor progress against goals, and seek assistance as needed.
- Communicate effectively with associates, superiors, vendors, and customers
- Must be able to accurately list/order materials and supplies.
- Must be able to work under time and budgetary constraints and pressures.
- Efficiently manage his/her time and schedules.
- Be familiar with the use of smart phones, text messaging, and email.
- Clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Work and drive safely and be able to recognize and avoid dangerous situations.
- Adaptable to changing work schedules as the business dictates.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for emergency, after hours, weekend and holiday.
- Light digging.
- Knowledge of current California plumbing codes.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Thorough clean-up of job site.
Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Exceptionally good knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Three or more years of trade experience as a plumber or plumber's apprentice.
- Thorough knowledge of plumbing system maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to drive company vehicles to various commercial and residential sites for work.
- Must pass physical.
- Must be able to travel and stay overnight if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 45 degrees.
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Life Insurance
- Sick Time (24 hours a year)
Posting ID: 594152634Posted: 2021-01-18