RN Coordinator Quality & PI
Job Code: 1870
The RN Coordinator Quality & Performance Improvement, coordinates, plans, and implements the Quality Program, Performance Improvement Program, and Patient Safety Program for the assigned department. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The RN Coordinator Quality & PI, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supports the medical staff and hospital departments to effectively measure, assess, and improve the quality and safety of patient care and services
* Assists staff in identifying achievable performance goals and implementing strategies to achieve these goals
* Assists in the identification and development of policies and procedures that improve the safety of patients and staff
* Coordinate Quality & Performance Excellence departmental meetings.
* Maintains knowledge of current accreditation standards and the coordination of the hospital survey process
* Maintains accurate and complete records of quality and performance improvement policies, activities and outcomes
* Reviews charts of patients for compliance and reports concerns to the medical & administrative staff.
* Provides monthly chart review roll-up reports.
* Reviews performance Improvement Plans post surveys and checks for adherence.
* Provides monthly TIEDI Compliance Reports.
* Assists Data Analyst with Data Collection.
* Reviews Policies and works in conjunction with division managers to update.
INTEGRIS Edmond only:
* Develops, through collaboration with the medical staff and leadership team, organization-wide Performance Improvement projects based on analysis of trended data and patient care outcomes. Improves patient care outcomes based on strategic plan priorities by achieving targets set by the organization and incorporating evidence based practice.
* Coordinates hospital response to grievances and oversees compliance with other CMS guidelines.
* Administrates the Joint Commission Accreditation Program on behalf of the hospital and manages, coordinates, and leads hospital preparedness for regulatory and accreditation standards by analyzing and overseeing correction of compliance gaps.
* Acts as facility clinical representative for EHR initiatives.
* Coordinates facility response to patient safety hazards related to recalls of products and devices.
* Provides administrative functions that promote key clinical operational processes.
* Plans, coordinates, and implements Employee Health services
INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center only:
* Responsible for Trauma Registry coverage.
Reports to department director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Constantly; activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal working conditions with small exposure to infectious diseases.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state
* 1 year experience in performance improvement, management and education
* Previous experience with relevant accreditation guidelines
* Previous experience with MS Office
* Bachelors degree preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
INTEGRIS Edmond only:
* Bachelor's degree required, masters preferred