Currently DIGITALPSEC is seeking a motivated Physicist to join our team.
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
Education: B.S. degree in Physics with at 5+ years of experience. M.S. or Ph.D. preferred. Nuclear physics a plus.
Clearance: U.S. Citizens Only who have resided in the US for the past 5 years. Must be able to obtain a CBP BI.
Job Tasks: Work with a team of physicists and data scientists to support homeland security operations. Program data-mining and analysis tools and work with large data sets to assess operations and threat detection. Develop statistical methods and work with machine learning with applications to sensor operation.
· Hands-on experience with nuclear or particle detection methods.
· Expertise and hands-on experience with Python. Familiarity with common data analysis packages such as NumPy, MatPlotLib, and Pandas. Understanding of classical statistics and machine learning.
· Familiarity with databases helpful but not required; MS SQL preferred.
· Ability to work collaboratively within a team of scientists, programmers, and IT professionals in a dynamic environment.
· Excellent communication skills. Able to present work to outside clients.
Corporate Performance Standards: In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
1. Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
2. Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
3. Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
4. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
About DIGITALSPEC, LLC
DIGITALSPEC, LLC (DSPEC) is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified, ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 company founded in 2005 and headquartered in Fairfax, VA. We are a leading provider of Business Consulting Services and Technical Solution Services delivering true business value and return on investment to Federal clients in the metropolitan Washington, D.C area. DSPEC provides solutions and services in markets such as: Homeland Security and Law Enforcement, Defense and Intelligence, Financial Services, and Social & Citizen Services. We work collaboratively with clients to create solutions that ‘fit’ the client environment and use industry best practices.
Join us at DIGITALSPEC, where we’re engineering Innovations, Solutions, and Results