Sparks Group is partner with a leading company in the region. We're now hiring a Warehouse Specialist to help us keep growing. Our goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them. If you are interested please apply and call today! 301-926-7800
Job Description: Performs receiving, stock keeping, picking, packing and shipping activities. Also responsible for counter sales, inventory accuracy, housekeeping, maintaining safety standards and related quality assurance activities.
Requirements: • Completes local safety orientation and training courses.
• Handles incoming shipments.
• Performs verification of supplier inbound, customer returns, branch returns, and enters order receipts into computer and RF systems
• Performs quality assurance inspections.
• Places received material, after segregating backorders, into proper warehouse storage locations. When appropriate, relocates and consolidates material and notifies management of new bon/table locations.
• Utilizes available computer and RF equipment to stage and putaway inbound material.
• Fills out logs sheets for inbound overages, shortages, damages or non-compliant material.
• Uses manual or RF process to pick, pack, weigh and ship product.
• Prepares and assembles manual or system generated packing lists and bills of lading for outbound supplier returns customer and branch shipments.
• Assists in packing, labeling, wrapping and loading outbound trucks.
• Uses system generated or manually prepare local delivery records and complete applicable blocks on pick ticket.
• Maintains appropriate forms and records pending return of material.
• Verifies return policy guidelines are followed prior to issuing credit for returned material.
• Pulls stock and returns to location pending credit memo, sale, or return to supplier.
• Cleans warehouse and trucking and parking area.
• Ensures safety and security policies are followed.
• Performs work at established productivity standards.
• Administers preventative maintenance programs to delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment to ensure proper functioning and safety practices for warehouse operations.
• Records verbal and written complaints from customers concerning dissatisfaction with product or service provided.
• Processes complaints as instructed.
• Maintains counter stock and assists with counter sales.
• Assists with warehouse activities as instructed by supervisor or manager.
EXPERIENCE: Warehouse operations experience preferred.
EDUCATION: High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS: Basic computer skills.
Warehouse Environment: Work is generally performed in a warehouse environment. The noise level is moderately quiet. Generally well ventilated and well lighted. Warehouse employees may be exposed to all kinds of weather and may be required to wear protective clothing. Strict safety regulations required.
• Work is physically strenuous and workers are required to lift heavy packages up to 50 pounds.
• Work may require excessive bending or stooping.
• Employee required to walk long distances repeatedly throughout the day.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.
Posting ID: 590544957Posted: 2020-12-02