We are currently seeking a Part-Time Bilingual in Spanish Registered Nurse in charge to work on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Who is motivated, compassionate, passionate about working with people, positive energy, and eye for detail.
Mercy Health Clinic (MHC) serves uninsured, low-income adult residents of Montgomery County and is committed to providing high-quality medical care, health education, and pharmaceuticals to eligible patients free of charge. We are a non-sectarian, non-profit, community health clinic.
POSITION SUMMARY: The charge nurse identifies the procedures, processes, and patient care to be accomplished during the work period, as well as the resources that will be required to safely carry out the work of the clinic. Provides general nursing care and leadership, working collaboratively with medical providers and multidisciplinary team members, to promote and restore a patient's health. Formulate and coordinate a comprehensive professional nursing care plan through the use of the nursing process for adult patients, cultures, and backgrounds. Provide physical and psycho-social support to patients, friends, and families. In addition, oversees the clinical care of medical assistants
SUPERVISOR: Reporting to Clinic Manager
STATUS: Part-Time, RN, Non-Exempt
SALARY: Hourly, based on experience
EDUCATION: Associate degree in Nursing or BSN
- Clinical Duties-.
- Assesses, plans directs and evaluates total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age-related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures of Mercy Health Clinic.
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource, and contact person for patients.
- Provides basic education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies) and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews patient’s basic health history, focusing on environmental, self-care, and clinic discharge planning.
- Administers medications, as requested; performs lab/ diagnostic testing as ordered by Provider, and reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Demonstrates an ability to remain calm, perform effectively, and professionally during peak periods of activity and emergency situations.
- Anticipates and prepares the examination room with equipment and supplies required for the patient’s visit. Assists Provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in the delivery of patient care. Performs lab testing (i.e. urine dip, pregnancy test, strep screen, fit test, etc.), including quality controls, and maintains all laboratory/diagnostic test logs.
- Team duties-.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care given by the interdisciplinary care team and identifies problems and guides team members to their solution.
- Assigns care to team members in accordance with patient needs, staff capabilities, and qualifications to meet the needs of the clinic.
- Participates in training, orientation, competency assessment, and education of new employees.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and accurately, creating a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of staff.
- Serves as a resource person to other staff in the area of one’s own clinical expertise.
- Administrative duties-.
- Acts in a professional manner, reflecting the mission of the Mercy Health Clinic and demonstrates compliance with all policy, procedures, and federal/state regulations.
- Demonstrates ongoing service excellence skills.
- Maintains economical and efficient nursing care in a clean and safe environment.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, as requested.
- Demonstrates an ongoing understanding of corporate compliance policy.
- Evaluates the performance of team members, as requested for performance reviews.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to be the Team leader, as well as work as a Team member, as necessary.
- This position requires extensive experience in customer service, and skill in listening to patient concerns with the ability to de-escalate and problem-solve in real-time
- Demonstrates strong decision-making capabilities
- Fostering teamwork and a positive, professional atmosphere;
- Experience with electronic health records preferred.
- Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community.
- Critical thinking
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Organized, productive, and able to work under pressure.
- Effective communication skills, both as an active listener and in the ability to convey information adequately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, empathetic, sensitive to others' feelings, and able to allay patient's fears and provide reassurance.Commitment to professional growth and competence.Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrates compliance with patient confidentiality (HIPAA) and OSHA regulations.
Bilingual in Spanish and English is REQUIRED
Posting ID: 568241354Posted: 2021-01-17