Ledgent Finance & Accounting is currently seeking an Accounting Assistant to join a rapidly growing firm in Clearwater, FL. If you have exposure to both Accounts Payable & Receivable duties, enjoy working in a fast-paced setting and looking for an opportunity that provides growth -- this could be the role for you! The ideal candidate will have at least 1-3 years of accounting experience and be comfortable with the following:
- Full cycle accounts payable processing; high volume matching, batching, coding, scanning and entering invoices in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure that invoices are approved in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of weekly check runs and manual checks as needed
- Ensure accuracy of GL coding
- Recording bank transfers, wires, and ACH and credit card payments
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Prepare accounts receivables for clients to deposit into client bank accounts
- Assist in month-end closing
- Assisting with preparation for audits
- Associates Degree preferred but not required
- ERP experience high preferred
- Knowledgeable of GAAP and accounting practices
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivot tables)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posting ID: 583183288Posted: 2020-10-30